cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Plus on iPhone X

Go to solution
Journeyman

Calling Plus on iPhone X

I understand that some people are getting the ability to make VOIP calls on LTE (Kinda like VoLTE). Would like that feature turned on for my account or become a beta tester.

I understand that it's not perfect yet.

29 REPLIES 29
Sprint Social Care

Re: Calling Plus on iPhone X

Hello zebradude, to turn on Calling Plus follow these steps:

1. Verify iPhone is using iOS 8.3 or later.
  2. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling > Turn the service on and follow the prompts.

For more information about Calling Plus, visit: http://sprint.co/2veR3cS.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Mayorin wrote:

Hello zebradude, to turn on Calling Plus follow these steps:

1. Verify iPhone is using iOS 8.3 or later.
  2. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling > Turn the service on and follow the prompts.

For more information about Calling Plus, visit: http://sprint.co/2veR3cS.

What I am looking for is Calling Plus (different) this allows for calling on LTE...

I have WIFI calling....

Sprint Social Care

zebradude. The iPhone X does not support Calling Plus, it is available on select android devices like the LG G6, LG Stylo 3, Galaxy S8 and S8 plus. In the meantime, you can use calling apps for voice calls that use the data network.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I understand that it is not officially supported yet but reports are coming in that a small number of iPhone owners are seeing a new toggle for LTE calling with a new carrier bundle as well as IMS Status of Voice & SMS while in LTE mode. 

Ps. I have Sprint carrier bundle of 31.0 as I am a Apple Developer running the newest beta of iOS 

Pss. I would love to become a iOS beta tester 

Community Manager

Though it's not CP, @zebradude, we did just enable Voice Call Continuity for iPhones 6 and above on iOS 11 and above.  VCC should let you start a call on WiFi (with data functionality available), hand off to LTE (keeping data functionality) and then back to WiFi.  It's not a true VOLTE solution, but we're getting there. On iOS devices calls, won't originate on LTE at present.

I'd be interested to see a screen shot of an Apple phone with LTE Calling as it's my understanding Apple won't approve us to deploy it as it changes the UI.  Even so, I sent this off to some folks to see if they've heard anything.  Sorry, we don't have a way to sign up for Beta testing at present.

*updated to clarify and correct a typo*

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Apple is never going to let us use It?  So I can see a new Samsung Galaxy S8 in my near future?

Journeyman

to be fair to Apple they want the experience to be consistent on their devices. VoLTE is the accepted standard that all carriers should use. 

"Calling Plus" is a non standard VoIP solution that has not been tested and accepted like VoLTE. 

Sprint is the last major carrier to deploy VoLTE. I hope its up and running soon. 

Journeyman

I hope it is up and running for Iphones too, but I cant sit around and wait for it to happen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@zebradude wrote:

Pss. I would love to become a iOS beta tester 

I personally have the iOS developer beta profile. However if you would like to become an iOS beta tester and not pay the developer fee go to https://beta.apple.com

Or you can attempt to find someone who has the developer beta profile or online that would be willing to let you use the developer profile and get it from them. No real difference between developer and public just a day or two if anything and maybe a couple of weeks when it comes to major releases. But yes I do hope as well VoLTE comes out soon too. Based on me using VCC on several occurrences and by a few of my friends who use calling Plus, the feedback is actually pretty good about it. 

GrandMaster

calling plus on the Android side has been working pretty well..well in pretty much every scenario i have ran it through its worked great for me on my G6.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was just using VCC on my iPhone 8 Plus. I was shocked. My download speed wasn’t impacted at all and still gave me download speeds of 200+Mbps. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat