cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Plus on iPhone X

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Calling Plus on iPhone X

I believe I wasn’t very clear. I was hoping to be a Sprint VolTE beta tester. It requires a new carrier bundle from Sprint. 

Ps. I am a Apple Developer. I have heard from others that VolTE is showing up on band 41 only. 

Journeyman

Oh. I’m sorry. I was also looking at some specs online before I forget where but the whole Sprint tri-band network Bands 25, 26, and 41 are all VoLTE capable which is a very good thing to hear. I was hearing otherwise. I was personally hearing from some others is that it would be on all 3 bands from launch. In reality we are already Sprint beta testers as well as currently Sprint 31.0 is only available for iOS 11.2 so in essence we’re beta testing for Sprint too fro some features they want to make public or bug fixes which is all these iOS 11.2 carrier settings did 

Journeyman

Good to hear. I should be getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 this weekend. Adding a leased S8 is cheaper than running my burner phone per month. Assuming that it works of course. I will use the 14 day return if it doesn’t.

Journeyman

That’s great to hear.

I hope someday they actually turn it on. 

Journeyman

I’m keeping my iPhone 6 Plus just in case they do. Has been a very good phone up til now. 

Journeyman

At least we have Voice Call Continuity which I define as the first step to VoLTE since now we can continue and finish calls over LTE. iPhones are 2/3 of the way there. 

Journeyman

I should be clear I am discussing VolTE not calling plus. I understand that Apple will only support standards not proprietary solutions. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Which makes pretty good sense since their not going to edit iOS just to accommodate a carrier testing the first stage before VoLTE. All Calling Plus in essence is brother/sister to VoLTE. Since Calling Plus uses IP based while VoLTE uses the LTE protocol itself as the base calling platform instead of using CDMA. 

Journeyman

The only thing I can say Sprint needs to work on is the battery life of it. It seems that VCC is a little bit of a battery hog and would be nice if some update can be made to try to lower battery usage from it. It’s not a major battery hog. It’s on an 8 Plus where it seems like after using VCC for about 3 minutes it drops 5% compared to using Wi-Fi Calling or just plan CDMA for 3 minutes. 

Journeyman

Well cancel the new phone. Since I brought my two iPhones here from ATT I can only add a phone that I own to the plan I have. Since I’m not interested in shelling out $850.00 for a new phone my only choice is to fire up my Verizon burner phone and carry two phones until this issue is resolved. Once again I am not a happy customer. 

Journeyman

All I can say is it’s good to be an iPhone 8/Plus/X owner right now. So I think VoLTE might come along with these awesome network upgrades like at least 4x20 Aggregation, Massive MIMO, and 256QAM LTE. The reason I say these items in specific are because Sprint users have Qualcomm X16 inside these iPhones. Which potentially means VoLTE + Gigabit LTE

Journeyman

I hope you are right. All we can do is wait and see
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat