cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive group mms messages including an android phone after switching to Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot send or receive group mms messages including an android phone after switching to Sprint

I have an iPhone X and I switched to Sprint on November 27th. After switching, I've become unable to send or receive group messages if an android phone is involved. For example, in my group chat with my family, my dad has an android. The group chat has continued on their phones noting myself as a member, but I have received no messages since switching to Sprint nor can I send any. I receive a red ! and message send failure notification next to my messages. I can send individual texts to android users with no issue. 

I have tried:

- Toggling iMessage

- Toggling MMS

- Toggling group messaging

- Resetting my phones network settings (3x)

- Updating Sprint carrier settings (calling ##873283#) 

- Restarting my phone often and in between all of these options

- Turning on wifi calling

- Removing and reinserting my SIM card

My zipcode is 22902 and the closest cross streets are Water St. and Meade Ave., but I don't believe this to be a tower issue. I'm concerned it may be related to my SIM card. Please assist.

Thank you,

Mary

20 REPLIES 20
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Cannot send or receive group mms messages including an android phone after switching to Sprint

Sounds like a headache. It also looks like you have tried a ton already. Is this phone from Sprint, or did you purchase it from another place before switching?

Journeyman

Re: Cannot send or receive group mms messages including an android phone after switching to Sprint

I purchased this phone unlocked, and used it on Mint SIM for 3 months, which is on the T-Mobile network. I switched to Sprint one month ago in November. 

Hey Mary, thanks again for all the details, it's much appreciated. I have a few more quick questions for you:

• Are you using iMessage or a 3rd party messaging app?
  • When you joined Sprint, did you keep your same phone number?
  • Have you tried deleting the group chat entirely out of iMessage and rejoining the group text? 

Let us know on these last few questions. We might need to shoot you a PM and get some account details later, but let's cross that bridge when we get there!

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Hello, 

I am using Messages and not a 3rd party app. I have tried deleteting my group chat, and recently had my family all delete their group chat too and that didn’t fix the issue. When I joined Sprint in November, I did keep the same phone number I’ve had for years, and I ordered a new SIM card through the BYOD program. 

Any suggestions? 

Best,

Mary

Thanks for answering those questions. I'm going to shoot you a PM to get your account information and take a look behind the curtain to make sure there aren't any account options acting up. Be on the lookout for a message from me shortly. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Did this get resolved? I'm having a similar issue of not being able to send mms after switching to Sprint 2 weeks ago.

Are you also on an iPhone?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes, I'm using an iPhone X.

Have you tried doing a data refresh in your network settings?

Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint I actually created a new post with the steps taken thus far: https://community.sprint.com/t5/iPhone/Switched-to-Sprint-with-BYOD-iPhone-X-and-can-t-send-MMS/m-p/...

I'm not sure what a "data refresh in my network settings" is. I've reset my network settings, and performed a service update. Is that the same thing?

I posted on this existing thread hoping that there might be a known resolution.

Yes that's what I was talking about. I can also do a refresh from my end if you send me your phone number and account PIN in a private message. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat