cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working with Bluetooth

Journeyman

Data not working with Bluetooth

I just purchased a new used car (2013) and paired my iPhone 6S to the Bluetooth in the car. It paired without any issue, but I find now the internet will not work. Bluetooth should not be using data and when I am not on a call, it should allow me to use data for the internet. Is anyone able to help? I have unpaired and paired again as well as turn my phone off and on, but still no luck. I would like to be able to play music from apps on my phone, but it will not work since the data won't connect while paired with the car. Anyone deal with this or know something I could do?

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Data not working with Bluetooth

When you say your trying to access the data to use while paired, are you trying to stream music through bluetooth in the car? 

I ask this because I own a 2014, and I am unable to play music if it is just using bluetooth alone. My model of car doesn't allow for that. I have to use a AUX cord to stream music from my phone to my car. 

Journeyman

It's when I'm trying to stream music or trying to go on the internet in general. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Having your bluetooth on shouldn't stop from data access. Look into the bluetooth settings, and see if there is a setting to turn it back on. 

GrandMaster

it could also be some weird safety setting that shuts that stuff down when it knows its connected to a vehicle. might dig around in the settings/permissions as well.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat