cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! New to Sprint. Dropped calls

Journeyman

Help! New to Sprint. Dropped calls

Hello everyone. Over the weekend, I ported over our 2 ATT lines. Prior to doing so, I had checked the coverage map and it indicates we should have a very good connection for voice and data. On Monday, my wife calls to inform me she experienced several dropped calls. I had contact Sprint support via chat. The rep said they would look into the matter and get back to me within a few days. So far, no contact. Our 2 sprint phones are iPhone XRs. 

She experienced more dropped calls. She’s not happy and wants out. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?  We are in NJ near New York City. I would hate to port out because we were able to utilize a SWAC promotion and the XRs are 0$ for 18 months with trade in. 

Thanks in advance,

tom

10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Re: Help! New to Sprint. Dropped calls

Good morning. I've checked the map and it shows excellent coverage with the location you provided. Lets do some troubleshooting.

Please do the following:

Reset Network Settings: Dial ##25327# then tap Call.

Update Data Profile: Dial ##873283# then tap Call.

Power the phone off for a few minutes and then power it back on. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick reply Queen! I performed both operations on both iPhones. We are currently not home. Would you like me to send you her school address and our home address?  Can I do so privately?  Or would you just need cross streets?

Journeyman

Thanks for the quick reply Queen! I performed both operations on both iPhones. We are currently not home. Would you like me to send you her school address and our home address?  Can I do so privately?  Or would you just need cross streets?

Wizard

No problem.! Actually I would like to see what towers you utilize the most. I'm going to send you a PM now so I can get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for one week and an average call lasts 3-6 seconds. I am a hospice nurse and this has been quite an issue. I was told towers were down and also I was put in a priority list for getting it fixed 2 days ago. I have yet to hear back from Spribt. Very disappointed as we just switched 5 phones over from ATT and may need to switch back

I checked back into the tower that is down. They are working on it, and looks like they are waiting on parts. Have you tried updating the network settings within the phone? 

GrandMaster

add on

were these devices brought with you from ATT or did you end up getting new devices from Sprint? reason im asking is if theyre from Sprint you might be able to work around this until its fixed if you have access to wifi at that main problem area..flip on wifi calling (WFC) and you should be covered for at least now until those towers get figured out/parts show up.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I got all phones right from Sprint. I am not always able to do WiFi due to field work
Journeyman

Yes I have tried that and to reset the network settings. Someone at Sprint send some kind of update to phones to no avail
Journeyman

I am experiencing the same thing, since May 1st. I have tenure with Sprint and they fill of sh%* on this matter. Truth be told i don't think they even know whats going on. Went and to a store and they told me the were servicing the cell towers in the area i work and that could be the reason im experiencing the several annoying dropped calls. Call corporate Monday
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat