cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 7 Plus is carrier locked after factory reset

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 7 Plus is carrier locked after factory reset

Two years ago, I left sprint for another carrier. I paid off my Iphone 7plus with Sprint in order to unlock it for use with my new carrier. Fast forward to yesterday, I've reset my iphone passcode and then forgotten it. Since there was no way of recovering the passcode, I had to reset my iphone from my icloud account so I could get back in and use it. However, after the reset, when I went to restore my phone from backup, it suddenly says that the SIM is not supported and that this is not a hardware issue. I called Sprint customer service, and they tell me that the only way to unlock the phone is to pay $1200! I already payed it off years ago with Sprint, and I have been using the new carrier since with no issue until I had to reset my phone. It is my understanding that the unlocked status of the phone should not have been affected by the reset, and I am baffled as to the $1200 charge. What is going on? Can I really be charged $1200 to unlock my iphone AGAIN just because I reset it?

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: IPhone 7 Plus is carrier locked after factory reset

Hi Keldup7!  Can you please send us a PM with the following info? We'll be glad to look into this for you.

Phone # the iPhone was active on

Account PIN or security question answer

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat