cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

I bought a pre-owned iphone 7 from Boot Mobile and when I checked in the SPRINT BYOD website with the IMEI number to activate with SPRINT, I got the below message.

This phone can't be activated

Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this phone. Sign in to find this phone on your account.

Can someone help me to fix this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Hey there! Let's check this one out. Please send us a private message to further assist you. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device.&amp

Getting the same issue.  I tried calling in and they said nothing can be done.  in another post i found 

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Hello everyone. I fixed the issue. The ownership code needs to be changed from PLBL to SPCS. A ticket needs to be submitted to correct this issue. Send me a PM with your phones IMEI and we can go from there. 

Is there anyone i can contact with my imei to see if it can get brought over from boost 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hey m1009a2. Thanks fro reaching out. Do you also have an Iphone 7 pre paid from boost? If so, Devices purchased directly from T-Mobile / AT&T Models are Not supported due to Incompatible Hardware
Devices purchased directly from Apple that move over from AT&T and T-Mobile  should work since those specific models were built with the hardware to support GSM and CDMA Networks.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device.&amp

It is an iPhone 6 device purchased through and activated on boost. I purchased it second hand after doing an imei check with a local sprint rep and now it seems I am unable to activate 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

The Iphone 6 purchased through boost is not comparable to work on postpaid. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I am having the same issue on my phone.  It says I still owe Sprint for the device... but this is an iPhone 6, which has been long paid off.  I asked them to submit a ticket, and they claim to be working on something, but every time I call back, I get a different answer.  Please help!

I do not owe sprint for this device, it was paid for in full at time of purchase.  How can their records be so inaccurate? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

To add to my last post, the service provider on the iphone says Sprint.  So Im not sure why it won't work.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you purchased this in full or you purchased this form someone else that said it was payed off in full?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The device was paid in full.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

but you are not the original owner correct? it sounds like it was payed off however not unlocked prior to selling it to you?

if thats the case you will need the contact info of the original owner to get it unlocked.

explained in here under purchasing it through another vendor/3rd party etc

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/SOLUTION-Sprint-Hints-for-Successful-Unlocks/ta-p/9...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat