ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Journeyman

Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

I bought a pre-owned iphone 7 from Boot Mobile and when I checked in the SPRINT BYOD website with the IMEI number to activate with SPRINT, I got the below message.

This phone can't be activated

Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this phone. Sign in to find this phone on your account.

Can someone help me to fix this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Hey there! Let's check this one out. Please send us a private message to further assist you. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device.&amp

Getting the same issue.  I tried calling in and they said nothing can be done.  in another post i found 

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Hello everyone. I fixed the issue. The ownership code needs to be changed from PLBL to SPCS. A ticket needs to be submitted to correct this issue. Send me a PM with your phones IMEI and we can go from there. 

Is there anyone i can contact with my imei to see if it can get brought over from boost 

Sprint Social Care

Hey m1009a2. Thanks fro reaching out. Do you also have an Iphone 7 pre paid from boost? If so, Devices purchased directly from T-Mobile / AT&T Models are Not supported due to Incompatible Hardware
Devices purchased directly from Apple that move over from AT&T and T-Mobile  should work since those specific models were built with the hardware to support GSM and CDMA Networks.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device.&amp

It is an iPhone 6 device purchased through and activated on boost. I purchased it second hand after doing an imei check with a local sprint rep and now it seems I am unable to activate 

Sprint Social Care

The Iphone 6 purchased through boost is not comparable to work on postpaid. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat