cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 8plus won't send MMS or pictures

Journeyman

Iphone 8plus won't send MMS or pictures

I recently switched from Verizon to Sprint and bought a new iPhone 8 plus from Sprint.  I have been unable to send group text messages or pictures to non iPhone users.  I also sometimes don't receive text messages, or they are delayed by hours or even days, from non iPhone users (even from people on my phone plan through Sprint).

I am VERY frustrated and regretting switching to Sprint.  Please help!

13 REPLIES 13
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Iphone 8plus won't send MMS or pictures

i understand your frustration. Are you receiving any error messages when trying to send the group message, or any of the texts? Do they just eventually send, or do they time out?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I receive the red 'Not Delivered' message the red exclamation mark (!) in a circle

What phone did you have with Verizon? You got this iPhone 8 Plus from us, correct? You didn't bring it with you from Verizon? Are the messages you're sending the same as you've always done? As in, there is no change in the size of the file sent, or any new numbers?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

With Verizon I had a iPhone 7 plus.  I did not bring it with me.  I purchased a new IPhone 8 plus from Sprint.  I did port my number from Verizon to Sprint.  The messages that I am trying to send are the same as always; trying to group message with 2 friends (non Sprint customers and non iPhone users) and trying to send any picture message (to other Sprint customers and non Sprint customers and non iPhone users).  Same people that I was previously able to communicate with.

I am not having any issues with imessage.

Alright. I'm going to continue through the troubleshooting. I'm going to ask some questions, that may seem weird. Lol. Please work with me. 

Do you have the phone numbers programmed into your phone with the area codes?

Are you only sending messages to people inside the US? 

Are you able to send a message to each person separately?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I have the phone numbers programmed in my phone with area code but not a '1'.  They are 10 digit phone numbers.

Only sending to people in the US.

Yes, I am able to send messages to each person separately.  But I do not always receive their messages and sometimes I will receive them hours or days later.

Are you using the standard phone messaging app? Or have you downloaded a 3rd party app?

The next step will require me to look at your account. I'll send you a private message to get your account details.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

standard phone messaging app

Journeyman

I have this issue as well, iphone 7plus, purchased at sprint. Tried a hard reset, resetting network settings, ##87 etc, everything I can think of. The technician entered a ticket a week ago and haven't heard anything back... really frustrated

@lorita, I can check on the ticket for you. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Thanks for that information. I created a ticket: 363962-190205. I can let you know when this has been resolved.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat