cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone Hotspot - Unable to connect to any device after IOS13 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone Hotspot - Unable to connect to any device after IOS13 update

Has anyone has any issues with the iPhone Hotspot after updating their device with the IOS13 update? Before the update, I would be able to use my Hotspot without any issues but now if I try to connect to my laptop it says "unidentifiable network - no internet access". I am also not able to connect to my firestick or Blueray player. Can someone please help me figure this out?  Not sure if it's relevant but I have an iPhone 8 plus.

Thanks, Paris 

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Iphone Hotspot - Unable to connect to any device after IOS13 update

Howdy paristaliaxo. Sometimes when our phones update, some setting can be changed or even turned off completely. So round one let's check the basics: 

Try again after each step.

1. Check that Personal Hotspot is turned on in Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you can't find or turn on Personal Hotspot, check that your wireless carrier enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it.
  2. Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. 
  3. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
  4. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hey Cat! Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, none of those resolved the issue. Any other ideas?

Wizard

Are you able to connect via USB? If not a factory reset might be needed. Are you 100% sure your plan hasn't changed and you still get the mobile hotspot? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I was actually able to connect via USB! Do you have any idea why I’m able to connect that way and not able to using WiFi (turning my hotspot on and connecting like I would a regular connection?) 

Unfortunately, I don't have a straight answer on why this happened. Have you tried to remove the laptop from the memory of the phone and re-add it? How old is the laptop? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat