cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone XS Max, disable LTE = decent reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Iphone XS Max, disable LTE = decent reception

did you ever get any resolution to your problem? My phone has also been having this issue and I did my own research and found others have said that disabling the VoLTE would stop the dropped calls in my area. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi urchin_84 ! I understand how inconvenient this may be for you. Please try that as work around and let us know the outcome.  

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So far it seems to be working. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Awesome urchin_84! Thanks for taking the time to let me know. Take care and have a wonderful rest of your day. 🙂

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Short answer = No. Having to disable VoLTE isn’t a solution.  I’ve been told the towers in my area are “being worked on” for months; never heard if that work is complete. 

At this point, the cost savings < frustration of not being able to use my phone reliably on the Sprint network  

Highlighted
Journeyman

What of the latest; this has been going on for months...

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

If I were in you shoes I'd feel the same way. Let me check what has been done in your location. Please confirm your nearest cross streets and ZIP. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Arizona Ave & Chandler Heights. 85249

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Thank you! I have checked the location provided and confirmed and confirm that your nearest towers are currently being affected by an outage, which is affecting data services.

Our network team is fully aware of this and diligently working to have this solved. In locations where the Sprint network is not available, you can use roaming.

You could also connect to Wi-Fi.

I understand how frustrating this situation could be for you. I'd feel the same way. I apologize for the impasse this could be causing you.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

With no disrespect meant, that is the same answer I got in September 2019. How long should this take???

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I know that having to go through this can be a real pain and we need to do something about it. 

We don't have an estimated time, but I can assure you that we're working it to have this fixed. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Community Manager

Wow, that address looks familiar.  Looking at those tickets they are over a year old.  There are two outages, one with Remote Electronic Tilt that needs to be replaced.  More than likely the tower is pointing straight up, straight down or not where it is supposed to.  The other outage gets its backhaul from the other site with RET via microwave and that dish is out of alignment.  The first tower needs a tower climb to replace the RET.  I show a tower crew was requested 2 weeks ago.  So far none scheduled.

@Chrbrown30 wrote:

With no disrespect meant, that is the same answer I got in September 2019. How long should this take???

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat