ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone XS Max, disable LTE = decent reception

Wizard

Re: Iphone XS Max, disable LTE = decent reception

I hear ya. I just wanted to make sure we covered any possible Sprint related issues in this case. It's my belief that the phone is having trouble, and suggest taking the device into either a Sprint repair store or an Apple repair store to have the phone checked out. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Is there a case number I can refer to if I had to either store?
Wizard

No case was case was created. I can notate your account. I sent you a PM so I can gather some info so I can notate this interaction. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

when you switch LTE back on..what are you setting it to? automatic? LTE/CDMA?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Either data or data+voice.

Journeyman

To be clear :
Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Options --> Enable LTE

If I change to NONE, I go from 1 bars to 3 or 4. If I change it back to "Voice & Data" or "Data Only" it drops back to 1 (at best 2) bars.
GrandMaster

at the moment i kind of wish we could see which band of LTE its trying to connect to.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

UPDATE: Upgrade to IOS 13.1 last night; no change in behavior. 

Journeyman

Had a friend who also has an iPhone XS (different carrier) check his reception.  2 bars.  Once I had him disable LTE (Data & Voice) and switch to 3G, 4 bars.  Switched back, 2 bars.

So...I fail to see how this is a carrier issue, which Apple is claiming.  Can someone at Sprint help escalate this issue?

GrandMaster

the 3G voice side of things should always have higher bars...

with that being said though this wouldnt be the first time i have heard of reception issues with the new Apple line..and agreed..its spotted on all carriers.

are you running a regular SIM card or eSIM?

Journeyman

Esim
GrandMaster

sound familiar?

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/iPhone-X-Xr-Xs/XS-Max-poor-LTE/m-p/1115500#M2928

not gonna lie..i wouldnt mind seeing what happens if you switched to a physical SIM card though.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat