cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease Agreement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lease Agreement

Has anyone else been experiencing changes in their accounts? Recently I was interested in upgrading my iPhone(I am on iPhone forever) and at one point you could upgrade at 12 months. I chatted with a customer service rep who told me due to the merge this was no longer allowed. So in order to upgrade I have to pay full price for the new device. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey! The iPhone and Galaxy Forever programs will be discontinued as we are now merged. We are also working on different financing options for our customers and now Sprint customers can get 0% interest which provides the lowest overall cost to finance a device & the lowest monthly payment. As a result, some customers may experience an increase in upfront costs but, in the end, will pay the same or less overtime for the total cost of the device.

Highlighted

I just don’t think it’s a fair trade. There were no notices of the changes and a lot of customers don’t have the money to put up front to be able to buy a device right out. I am not happy at all with the new changes and will be looking into taking my business elsewhere. 

Highlighted

We would not want to leave due to this however this is the new system. We did release official info about this on our social media pages and website. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can not tell you how relieving it is to see that you’re dealing with this issue like I am. Like you, I went to upgrade a device and was given the option of 24 month financing, but it also showed a down payment of almost 90% of the price of the device. That was a mistake, I thought at first. But no - a sprint rep basically said the same thing to me that they have said to you here. “We ended the program and you have to pay more down now so that you have lower monthly payments” more or less.

Ok sprint I know what a down payment is and I know that I would pay the same either way. The point is that it isn’t up to you how I spend money or budget my expenses.

I realize you were trying to upgrade on the iPhone forever plan which is not what I was doing, but nonetheless I was trying to add a device with zero down and then monthly payments with a service contract ( like everyone else..?) but sprint no longer offers a true 24 month financing program. At least that is what I am learning as I am talking to different sales people. Att, Verizon, and any other of the bigger companies will sell you an iPad for zero down and monthly payments so they can get your commitment to them for 24+ months. Not too sure why sprint has now decided it knows best how it’s customers should spend money, but I guess that’s what they’re saying. 

After three conversations with the folks at sprint yesterday about this weird new “this is best for you - let me teach you about money management “policy, I popped over to Verizon and ordered the iPad with the service plan for zero down. 

sprint. T-Mobile. Whoever you are now. If you’re out there...If you’re listing... Leave the financing decisions, good or bad, to your customers. We have been moved out of mom and dads for a while now. 

-sent from my iPad, on Verizon’s network. 

Highlighted

I posted a lengthy comment to the original post so I won’t get into it here, but it seems that during the merger Sprint TMobile made a questionable change in their financing options that .. aren’t really financing options at all.

I talked to several reps to verify this and as it turns out sprint t mobile believes that they are providing us a service by charging almost 90% up front as a down payment. The explanation? To prevent us from overextending ourselves financially. Someone from sprint actually said that in a chat to me. The person I was chatting with said something along the lines of “you pay the same either way (financing or paying all up front) so why not just pay it now?” 

uhhhhh.. The point of financing is so that you don’t drop a thousand dollars for a piece of tech all at one time, but rather you spend smaller amounts over several months. Why was this sprint chatter schooling me on how to finance something? 

It’s all very, very odd. 

Highlighted

We are always working on different financing options for our customers and now Sprint customers can get 0% interest which provides the lowest overall cost to finance a device & the lowest monthly payment. As a result, some customers may experience an increase in upfront costs but, in the end, will pay the same or less overtime for the total cost of the device. What you qualify for can change over time and I would be happy to work with you and find the device that best fits your needs and budget. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat