cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data vs. Cellular

Journeyman

Mobile Data vs. Cellular

Our family has four iphone XR's that we purchased at the same time.  We have all done all of the updates.  We are all on the same plan.

Does anyone have any idea why one phone would show "Mobile Data" vs. Cellular?  This is in settings.

IMG_3808 (1).jpg

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: Mobile Data vs. Cellular

were they purchased directly from Sprint, Apple or another source?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Directly from Sprint, all in the same transaction

Community Manager

Weird.  I don't have an iPhone so I pulled some out of the lab and they all said "Mobile Data".  With that said, when I go to Apple Support websites, they all say it may say Mobile Data or Cellular Data, but give no reason why...

Em_Will_I_Am_1-1573575428140.png

Em_Will_I_Am_2-1573575470996.png

I asked my Apple contact and they were unaware of it.  There has to be a reason because they write their documents around it.  

@mhiggins wrote:

Directly from Sprint, all in the same transaction

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat