ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My caller ID shows up as "Unknown"

Journeyman

My caller ID shows up as "Unknown"

when I make outgoing calls, my phone number/name shows as "Unknown."  I cannot call my mother or daughter because their phones decline blocked/private calls.

I have checked on my sprint account, my caller ID is set to show my name.  I have an iPhone 8 and there is no feature on the phone to do/undo this.  I have called Sprint and the have told me it was a "minor glitch" on their end and say they have fixed it; THEY HAVE NOT.  I cannot find anyone to tell me why this happened, how to fix it, etc.  I have been hung up on twice now and STILL HAVE NO RESOLUTION. 

How can this be fixed?  Do I need to just switch carriers?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: My caller ID shows up as "Unknown"

Hi KChic99! Do your mother and daughter have your number saved with your contact info on their phones, and have you changed your number recently?

The Caller ID naming from the network side is only going to push out to landlines when you call them, as you can label any number literally anything you want in the contacts on a cellphone. 

My mother and daughter have my phone number saved (it's their landline phones.) However, it is still showing as "Unknown" on ANY phone I call.

Gotcha. Just wanted to be clear it was their landlines you were calling. 

When any changes are made in the system to the displayed Caller ID name, it does take up to 36 hours for the change to take effect.  When did you last speak to care about this?

I spoke to customer care 4 days ago and when it was still not resolved, I spoke with them several times today.  They continued to tell me the issue was fixed; telling me to wait 10 minutes, restart the phone, it was fixed instantly, etc.  No matter what they told me, it was never fixed.  It still shows incorrectly.

I'd like to take a look at this and confirm they made the requested changes. Can you please send me a PM with your phone # and account PIN?

How do I PM you?

Click on my username, that'll take you to my profile, and you should see a yellow "send message" button to the right of my profile picture. 

When I call someone my number is coming up as "caller unknown"  I have already rebooted & updated my phone. 

Sprint Social Care

Hi CougarMom201317 ! Let me take a closer look into this, how long has this been going on? Does this happen with every call you make and includes cellphones and landlines? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello,

This has been happening for several week now and yes it happens to almost everyone of my friends and family regardless of cell phone or a land line.

Jael

Sprint Social Care

I'd like to know, have you made any recent changes? What's the make and model of your device?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat