ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My caller ID shows up as "Unknown"

Journeyman

Re: My caller ID shows up as "Unknown"

I have not made any changes and the iPhone Model Name: iPhone Xs, Model Number: MT8K2LL/A

Sprint Social Care

Got it CougarMom201317 ! I want to check some additional information. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as you get a chance.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Were you able to figure this issue out?? I not have friends and family that will not answer my call because my number is now unknown.........I have had enough!!!!!!!   I can see from the forum that I am not the only person with this problem. I also have had and continue to have a significant number of dropped calls regardless of location, time of day.......If these issues are not resolved I will be changing carriers.

Sprint Social Care

There's no need for you to go to a different carrier over the caller ID not displaying your name. This has a very easy fix.  

There are two reasons why this may be happening, either your name is not in the database or you have your device set as private instead of with your name. I'll need to check the account to help you fix this issue. My name is Juan and I'm with the Sprint social care department. Please send us a private message with your name, account holders name, phone number, account PIN or answer to the security question.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well.... I have two issues.
1. the continuous dropped calls that have been going on now for more than a year. This is the major reason I want to switch.
2. My daughter figured out that somewhere deep in the privacy settings my number was set to private.......I did not change this and it happened right after the last update 😕
Sprint Social Care

I happy to read that you will no longer cancel due to some settings on your device.

Let's look into the drop call issue. Is voice the only service you are having trouble with? How long have you had the issue for? Have you noticed if the drop calls happen while in the home or outside?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I was able to resolve this issue for myself by googling this issue. The directions were not perfect but I had to go through the setting and change it from Private. This whole issue started for me with the last update. 

Sprint Social Care

I'm glad to know that you were able to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the outcome. Have a wonderful rest of your day. 🙂

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat