cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My paid in full Boost Iphone 7 shows "This device has not reached financial eligibility"

Journeyman

My paid in full Boost Iphone 7 shows "This device has not reached financial eligibility"

I bought my iPhone 7 from Boost Mobile and paid in full, with receipt. However, when I check the phone eligibility, I receive the message: 

"Sorry, this phone can’t be activated right now. This device has not reached financial eligibility.
The Sprint account holder is the only one that can clear this balance with Sprint. If you have recently paid off your Sprint device, please ensure you allow 48 hours before checking compatibility. "

I did not finance the phone from Sprint, and this was directly from Boost mobile store. Therefore, could anybody help me with this?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: My paid in full Boost Iphone 7 shows "This device has not reached financial eligibility"

Since Boost is one of our prepaid services, the messages will say Sprint. May I ask what you're trying to do with the phone? Are you trying to activate a Sprint account? Or are you trying to use the phone on another carrier?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Re: My paid in full Boost Iphone 7 shows "This device has not reached financial eligibility&quo

Hi,

I am trying to activate it in my Sprint account. Due to this financial eligibility, I am not able to add it then.

Regards,

Re: My paid in full Boost Iphone 7 shows "This device has not reached financial eligibility&quo

We don't actually accept prepaid devices as BYOD. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Re: My paid in full Boost Iphone 7 shows "This device has not reached financial eligibility&amp

i have already had an account with Sprint. i only need to swap the device to use with my service while I am repairing current phone.

Not sure what is wrong with prepaid phone then? And Why are you selling prepaid and you do not allow us to use on our service?

Re: My paid in full Boost Iphone 7 shows "This device has not reached financial eligibility&amp

Even though Boost is associated with Sprint, we run them as different companies. Do you have any other phones to use on the account?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

i currently do not have one. i contacted Boost, abd they said Sprint need to resku the phone so that I could use there. 

It's not a service that we offer. Unfortunately, they are wrong in that recommendation. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Thanks. I will buy a new phone then.

You're welcome.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat