Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network/data/connection problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Network/data/connection problems

I have been having issues with the new iPhone max xs that I never had with the iPhone 7 plus. No matter where i am at I have slow data specially with sending text messages. i have to send it more than once sometimes 3 times even with being connected to WiFi. its very frustrating trying to send messages and sometimes i get messages 2-3 times in a row from someone. What can i do to fix my signal or get the data to move faster. I have reset network connections, done the update for whatever. It is still very slow. 

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Network/data/connection problems

Hey IrishRebel86. Can you do me a favor and do a force restart of your device then run through a few updates and let me know if that helps anything? 

1. Press and quickly release the Volume up button then press and quickly release the Volume down button.
  2. To complete, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

3. Tap Phone.

4. Dial ##873283# then tap Call.

5. When Starting Service Update displays, tap OK.

6. When Service Update Completed displays, tap OK.
    ​​

7. From the Home screen, tap Phone.
  8. Dial ##25327# then tap Call.
  9. When Resetting Subscriber Settings displays, tap OK.
  10. When iPhone is activated displays, tap OK.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

So far its working okay....

Glad it's working out! If you wouldn't mind marking the post as a solution, it will help other customers with similar issues out in the future. Let us know if you have any other issues we can assist with. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I’ve been going through this exact problem when I upgraded from my IPhone 7 Plus to this IPhone XS Max. My phone alternates between no service and 3G and Sprint hasn’t done anything to fix it but give me the run around. The phone has been switched 3 times. It’s not the phone. It’s Sprints crappy service that’s not working. When I call they lie and say I show you have excellent signal as I’m sitting w/ 1 bar on 3G. I don’t remember the last time I was able to watch a video without it buffering or loading for that matter since switching to this phone. I’ve tried every troubleshooting step. I’ve called Sprint and had to deal w/their rude customer service people who don’t do anything to help but provide the same basic troubleshooting steps. While sitting here my phone went from 1 bar on 3G to no bars and not 3G or LTE. 

Journeyman

Trust me. I’ve gone rounds with them. I’ve reset this and that. And it would work for not even a day before it was back to crappy signal. I never had this problem with my 7 plus.

Journeyman

I think this is an Apple hardware problem that Sprint is taking the hit for. But they may lose customers over it.
GrandMaster

its something on the Apple side that is currently being looked into by both Sprint and Apple.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My entire family is having this same problem. We are 4 iPhone XRs, an X, an XS, and an XS Max. Cannot use these phones indoors, cannot use them in the car. If we travel outside the city, we lose signal, which is major trouble since I have 3 kids in different colleges, and we travel quite a bit.

cant make phone calls, can’t send messages, can’t access data, maps cuts out...they said at the store that the phone would roam off Verizon, but I used to be Verizon, and I NEVER had these problems. Saving the money wasn’t worth it

@Asaye002, let's start by looking at your coverage. May I have your zip code?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

It looks like there was a service alert on a tower in that area. Please update the data profile on your phone to see if this clears up the issues. If you need the steps, please let me know what phone you have.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat