Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to activate my unlocked iPhone 6s

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not able to activate my unlocked iPhone 6s

I have switched to Sprint a week back and still not able to use sprint service on it. Phone do not recognize sprint network. 

1. AT&T confirmed unlock

2. Sprint confirmed phone will work with Sprint network

3. Tried 4 sim cards, because each time some person said the SIM is not right for my phone

I have spent many hours on calls, chats and multiple visits to stores and issue is still not resolved. On visit to store today, the guy said "it might be a phone issue" with no real diagnostic. Phone is in excellent condition and it was bough right out (not sure why AT&T locked to begin with).

For now surviving on Sprint Wifi calling. Hope someone has a solution for this.

22 REPLIES 22
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Not able to activate my unlocked iPhone 6s

Hmm from the sounds of it, it sounds like the device is completely unlocked. What kind of phone is it? 

Journeyman

Yes it was confirmed as unlocked by AT&T and Sprint.

Phone is iPhone 6s 16gb, model number A1633.

I am sorry. That was suppose to say the phone doesn't sound like it is completely unlocked. That is usually what happens when the phones aren't unlocked. 

In our system when a device shows unlocked, but isn't on the device. It means the device never received the signal completely. I would see if ATT can send the unlock again, and the qualification for unlocking the device. 

Journeyman

ok. i will ask ATT to do unlock again. Their response was that restart your phone with adding other company's sim. 

Before ATT unlocked the phone, i was not able to go pass the initial white screen of activating the phone with Sprint SIM. Once unlocked, I was able to go through the initial process of activating phone with Sprint SIM. But then Sprint network do not come on phone. Once in a while, I see sprint network with one or no bars for few seconds, then goes back to no service again.

Just to be on the safe side while ATT looks into it. Can you send me a PM with the IMEI of the device? I can check into the IMEI as well. 

Journeyman

i am new to this forum. how do i send PM (i guess private message?)?

Journeyman

I got ATT WiFi service at my house and something wrong with the service to the point that doesn’t allow me to use my sprint service

That seems odd. May I have a couple cross streets and the zip code? I just want to take a look at the towers in that area. Most cell towers house multiple cell companies equipment, so there may be some issues there. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

My issue is not related to wifi. Sprint network do not come on phone at all.

Journeyman

My zip is 07054. Issue is not related to location. no matter where I am, phone do not have sprint service. I have tried across 40 miles home, office and in between.

Hi Manish. I see that we already have a ticket out for you but didn't see notes having you run through any of the general profile/PRL updates here in this thread. Have you tried dialing ##873283# and ##25327# to get those updates completed on your device? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat