cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send or receive messages from groups over WiFi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not able to send or receive messages from groups over WiFi

I have been having this problem since I joined sprint. I can receive and send messages to groups with only iPhones just fine but when someone in the group has an android it doesn’t work. I’m also using WiFi calling at home because signal strength is horrible where I live. Also my wife has this problem as well on her Samsung s9+ but when we are out in better service area it works fine! Please help

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Not able to send or receive messages from groups over WiFi

Good morning.I would like to ask you some questions to try and resolve the group message issue first.

How are you sending the messages (Using EMG , SNPP, WCTP, TAP, SMTP Email, website, add-on)?

Do you get an error message?

When not connected to WiFi, does the group message work?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I’m just trying to send text messages and mms to a group I was added to. I can text them when I’m in the city where I have better service. When I’m home I have to use WiFi and for some reason only iMessage will work if it’s a mixed group with android and iPhone it just says failed to send

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

If you are sending messages with iMessage to an android, it is likely that the message will fail since iMessage only works with Iphones. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I know but i shouldn’t have to turn off I message to send messages to a group. I send messages to everybody individually and it works just fine on WiFi and cellular. But when I go to WiFi only at my house where I have no signal it will not let me respond or receive texts from those same groups. I was up from 1am to 730am with tech support trying to figure out the issue

Sprint Social Care

I want to send your information to be reviewed. Please send us a private message with your name, account holder's name, phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question on the account.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat