cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRL update not showing if complete

Highlighted
Journeyman

PRL update not showing if complete

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have tried performing a PRL update (##873283#) and I get the message to start the update but a message that the update is completed is never received. I have tried running the update overnight starting at 9:00pm and checking the phone, untouched, the following 7:00am and no completed message. I have also tried the update on a new iPhone 11 on my account with same results. Please let me know if this is normal or does the update take more that 10 hours.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

If you don't get the complete message no worries, all you have to do is restart the device and you should be good to go. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  I have a new iPhone SE 2nd generation phone and when I issue the command, ##873283#, I get a message stating "starting service update", however I never receive a completion message stating either "service update complete" or "service update failed".  On my old iPhone 6 Plus that I upgraded from, I would always get a completion message within one to two minutes of starting the update stating either "service update complete" or "service update failed".  I have tried both rebooting the iPhone SE 2nd gen as well as erasing all settings, neither of which has been successful in resolving the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted

Hey, did you ever try restarting your phone and then try those steps again? If not that should be an option. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have tried restarting the phone and steps again several times, and it has not helped.

Highlighted

Is your device Updated to the latest software version ?

Highlighted

Yes it is, IOS 13.6

Highlighted

Is it that you're having network issues? If yes, is it data or voice problems? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, I am not having any network issues per say, however I like to stay up to date with the latest cell tower PRL updates.  I am not having voice or data problems at the moment.  Is there a lag time between replacing SIM cards that would cause the problem?  Do I need to wait 48-72 hours after replacing SIM card before it will work?  Does my old SIM card need to be totally deactivated first before the PRL update will work on the replacement SIM card?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, my friend that also has a new iPhone SE 2nd gen is having the exact same problem, so maybe it is a wide spread known issue with these newer IOS 13 iPhones?

Replacing your SIM card should not affect the phone from completing the PRL update. It may be that a notification is no longer given when the update is completed. Let me see what I can find in regards to the issue. 

Highlighted

Thank you in advance for looking into it further!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat