cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal hotspot help

Journeyman

Personal hotspot help

I have a 50G personal hotspot under my service plan, I've followed the instructions on trying to set it up on my iPhone 6s but it doesn't work, it's saying I need to call Sprint. What's this problem? I really really really would prefer to not call..... I don't see why I would need to call if it's part of my plan! Any suggestions on why it wouldn't just pop up to activate??

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Personal hotspot help

I understand the need to resolve this without a phone call, I can help. You're getting the message to call us when you try to turn the hotspot on, correct? I think the first step is to verify that your plan is correct. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I have the same issues with them. Just transferred service over from VZW. Loved the VZW plan. Sprint telesales said that this plan I have will have all those features. Now that I am on the Sprint plan, I realize that telesales at Sprint was absolutely incorrect about everything. My current plan does not have a personal hotspot, friend finder, visual voicemail/transcriptions and many other features I had at VZW. What a joke.

At this point, short of me just moving back to VZW, can anyone at Sprint get my hotspot to get activated? This is a must have (need it for my car) compared to all the features I had to give up.

@smehta2 We can look into what is all going on. What plan are you on?

Journeyman

Wow, that sucks. Ive always thought about changing to Verizon for the coverage, even though Sprint boasts about how great their coverage network is, it isn't and WiFi/LTE is spotty. I've been with Sprint for 20 years now, my plan is unlimited for 65$. Which is reasonable for my needs but each thing you add on just adds up. I'd advise someone switching over or thinking about it to just do it through the website, then you can see EXACTLY what your plan includes.

I just ended up calling Sprint to set up my hotspot.

Journeyman

Unltd - Bring Your Phone

Customer for 1 day.

Is this the Bring Your Own Device free Unlimited plan? This plan does not include hot spot if so. I can double check for you if you would like? 

Journeyman

You are right, it does not have the feature. That is the problem here. A host of features that the telesales girl told me would be similar are non-existent. Only thing I want to work right now is the hotspot. If does not work, back to VZW I go...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat