cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone deals for existing customers?

Journeyman

Phone deals for existing customers?

I’m really concern with the way Sprint treats their existing customers. My family and I have been with Sprint for over 12 years. We currently have 6 lines; 4 still under lease. We would like to upgrade all 6 lines however we are being charged over $40 per phone yet NEW customers get a great buy one get one free deal, no hesitation. Sprint is more concern with inticing new customers to sign up rather than nurturing its existing / loyal customers. This behavior leaves families with no option but to switch in order to afford having a phone.

My 12 year old son broke his old iPhone 6s, which is paid for, however I can’t get a reasonable priced phone. I  would like any phone for both my son and my 17 year old daughter, who also owns a iPhone 6s , already paid for. But can’t afford to upgrade either line ...this situation is very frustrating.

I’ve noticed that every time a lease is up or an upgrade is possible; there are NO options but to pay full lease price. However, new customers are provided with all the best offers. Not sure if Sprint understand the concept of customer retention...take care of those who are loyal to you. Give customers a reason to stay; I’m not asking for anything more that what is being offer to those who have no relationship with the COMPANY....and that’s the thanks I get?  

Business 101...if you continue to run your company in this manner, you will continue to have a customer revolving door...rather than just HAPPY / LOYAL customers.

Unbelievable but true. 🤔

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Phone deals for existing customers?

Though I understand your feelings on the rising costs of phones, I would like to point out that this is not a Sprint only practice. The BOGOs are available for existing customers, but they require the addition of a line. It's when customers don't need more lines that these offers fall short for them. We love our existing customers, and it's not that we value the new customer more. We're offering them a lower cost for up to 12 months max, to get them to switch. This helps cover the costs that are incurred with switching. Once that first lease is up, they're paying the same amount as a customer that's been with us for 12 years. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Most of the 12 years we’ve been with Sprint , we were under contract. This phone deal situation wasn’t a problem because we were tied up/ under contract; which I didn’t really mind since I was loyal to Sprint.  Phones were always provided at a reasonable price. 

If what you’re saying is that regardless of where we go, this behavior is to be expected; It is actually sad that’s the best response Sprint is able to provide rather than trying to go above and beyond for its customers. 

Does Sprint realize that just by making minor adjustments in these situations would set them apart from other phone companies? Allow them to them stand out. Sprint is basically saying it is what it is; take it or leave it...it is practice at ALL phone companies?  

Not sure if that is true, never had a need to find out before.  I need to feel I can trust the companies I do business with, not feel like I have to protect myself just in case the company wants to pull a fast one. This is exactly what it feels like...

If, as you said, it is Sprint common practice to offer great phone deals only to new customers;  and offer NOTHING to established LONG TERM customers, then I guess you’re right. It is what it is...I have to help myself and find the solution to what now is MY problem alone. 

I didn't say that we don't offer nothing to our existing customers. We offer money off discounts all the time. We have to look at your account to determine what's available at the time of upgrade eligibility. 

I said that it's a universal thing, due to my experience with changing companies and staying for an extended period with one company. Unfortunately, the times have changed where contracts and new devices are concerned. Contracts held customers down that wanted new devices every year. The lease program allows people to turn in their phones every year and get a new one. Most people don't hold on to their old phones any more. These market changes are for the masses,. but there are people that still want a lower cost phone to own. But the realism is those folks are few and far between. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

WOW...again. Great response provided by Sprint....

I purchased both my kids IPhone 6s once the lease was over back in November, mainly because I had already been paying full price on the leases that were over 6 months before without even making a dent to the balance. Since there were NO phone deals, I was told the best thing to do would be purchase the phones and WAIT for an existing customer phone deals. I have been looking for some kind of offer for all our 6 phone since then without any luck. The other 4 leases will be completed next month; which now puts me on a daily task of looking to see if something is being offered at all.  As of last night Nothing yet...would love to know when do these offers are available to existing customers...How does a customer know when and If they these offers are available to them. 

I have even visited the store, where I was told. Yes absolutely, you and your family can get the latest IPhone, buy one get one free. Which to me meant I would be paying for 3 new phones, instead of 6. Ok... I said, this would make it a bit more affordable. I was then told the only way I could get the phone is by changing my PHONE NUMBER! Actually change all the phone numbers and the entire family could have a new phone.  Really???  Sprint is willing to go through the hassle of cancelling, changing or I guess adding us as new customers. But they can’t just have pre set deal or deals for existing customers?🤔.

By having pre existing deals or some kind of milestone loyalty program for existing customers, without the need for customers to search for months without any luck for these deals; Sprint will continue to have the loyalty of their existing customers as well as making it more inticing for new customers to switch since they will then realize that Sprint focus is on maintaining a great relationship with their customers from the beginning and as long as they are with Sprint....that is something to think about, Business 101. 

I’m sorry...I guess I’m one of the few and far apart that would like something better from the companies we do business with. I heard you loud and clear...this is the way business is run NOW. 

However as a business owner myself, I know for a FACT that Sprint is able to do more. Most companies I my line of business opt to only offer specials to new customers however I made the conscious decision that I would run my business better. I have enticing specials for new customers nevertheless I DO NOT forget about the people, the customers who have been with me for the long haul.  That is my common practice, it’s very simple to accomplish. 

Bottom line is, Sprint could do better... should want to do better...Sprint should strive to be the Best Choice for customers without the need to play games or what’s now being called “Common Practice”

Journeyman

I found that approximately 3-5 hours of "talking" to customer service/ retention/ management and other various people finally get you a "reward" I had that issue a few months back with my wife's Note9 where it was half price if I had a new line and 0 discounts for upgrade. 5 hours and several crying customer service people I got the phone for the price that was advertised for NEW CUSTOMERS. So they do have loyalty for existing customers but, there is a 3-5 hour phone call requirement to get it. Honestly "common practice " excuse is about as bad as it gets from a customer rep.
Journeyman

My family has been with sprint since before they formed with Nextel almost 20 years. Sprint is only concerned with bringing new customers in. I dread going to the Sprint store because it feels like a used car dealership everytime I go in.

GrandMaster

they ALL cater to the new customer..a quick look at any of their sites and you'll see the same complaints there as you do here.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Loyalty means nothing to sprint!

I have been with sprint since 1998 almost 22 years ,  i am so tired of not getting anything for my loyalty to this company i am really thing and shopping around to leave sprint , every time i need a phone its a fight with sprint but if you switch to a new company they take care of you , what happen to loyalty , i have a iPhone 7 and wanted to get the new iPhone and they want to lease me a new one Thats renting me a phone , Thats a joke !  then they offer me a outrages finance plan crazy !   then i talk to the competitor and they want to give me a new phone for almost nothing ….

do your self a favor and don't do any loyalty Not worth it …….
Time to leave i even called the executive department with no luck ........
GrandMaster

you should probably visit some of the other carriers sites and in the search bar type in "loyalty" and see what all pops up for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

as far as loyalty they are prob all the same , but what i saying maybe i should play the game and jump ship after every great offer

GrandMaster

slightly confused here..are you trying to say the other carriers dont mark up their products and all of their customers get their phones at cost?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat