Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT IPHONE X MS - RUNAROUND, PROMISES OF UNLOCKING - STILL LOCKED - PLAN ON LEAVING

Journeyman

SPRINT IPHONE X MS - RUNAROUND, PROMISES OF UNLOCKING - STILL LOCKED - PLAN ON LEAVING

I have been with Sprint for 12 years. Before these past 2 weeks I would have praised sprint to anyone and everyone! But in hindsight I never really had to deal with sprint for any customer service issues besides the phone upgrade every 18 months. With that being said, SPRINT your customer service is excruciating, painful and demeaning. I do not appreciate being lied to. I will not accept such treatment. I truly feel the primary objective of SPRINT is to either get your money or get you locked into an agreement and then they do not care.

Now for my nightmare that I have been dealing with this past 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago I was a happy SPRINT customer. I was eligible for a phone upgrade and decided I'd upgrade from my iPhone XMS and instead I'd try the Samsung S20 Plus. Everything was great. I even was so happy with sprint, I decided to by my iPhone XMS from SPRINT for roughly a little over $500 bucks which included paying for 2 months that was still left on that iPhone lease.

Please understand I paid a little over $500 bucks to purchase my iPhone XMS and on top of that still upgraded to a Samsung S20 with a new contract and a smartwatch with a plan to accompany the phone.

The iPhone was purchased to be a gift for my mother who is on the TMobile network.

I explained my gift  intentions to the SPRINT agent who so courteously suggested that if my phone had any scratches or cracks that I should use the iPhone's insurance before making the upgrade so that I could gift her the replacement phone which would be like new. I did have a crack on the back of the iPhone and opted to put an insurance claim in to receive a replacement iPhone XMS from Asurion insurance that I had with SPRINT.

I was assured by the SPRINT agent this was not an issue and once I received the replacement phone SPRINT would unlock it within seconds so that my Mother would be able to use it on the TMobile network.

Well I am writing this forum because this is not the case. I received the replacement iPhone. Many interactions with SPRINT over the past 2 weeks trying to get this replacement iPhone unlocked. A lot of promises and reassurances that I am a valued customer and I have nothing to worry about. I was told to wait 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours 48 hours repeatedly from many different SPRINT agents who were ALL WRONG. MY PHONE IS STILL LOCKED!

I am tired of being lied to.

I am tired of being manipulated.

I am tired of being dismissed.

I am tired of not receiving the customer service that I deserve.

I am tired of SPRINT agents not doing their job but telling me that it will be done.

I promise you I will be cancelling all services with SPRINT by Sunday June 07, 2020 if my phone is not unlocked that morning. I have 30 days to cancel the new lease agreements for my phone and smart watch which I recently obtained.

As far as purchasing the iPHONE XMS from SPRINT, I am willing to lose the $500 plus dollars to not be a customer of sprint any longer. Absolutely horrible, demeaning, offensive and unnecessary experience I've been tortured through.

Sprint will be losing a 12 year customer who recently signed on to a 2 year lease on a Samsung s20 Plus phone and smartwatch all because they do not want to unlock this iPhone that I paid SPRINT over $500 bucks to have.

I AM DONE WAITING FOR MY IPHONE TO BE UNLOCKED.

EITHER IT GETS UNLOCKED BY SUNDAY OR I AM LEAVING PERIOD.

The ball is in your court SPRINT.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

SMH, just got off the phone with SPRINT customer service for 2 hours. They tell me the replacement phone has to be active 50 days. (Even though I've been with SPRINT 12 years and had active IPHONE for 16 months then needed it to be replaced)

I respond " How do I do that when I upgraded to the Samsung S20 Plus and that's on my account?"

They suggested I add the iPhone to my account and just pay the lease fees for the Samsung S20 Plus while not being able to use it or opening another line!!! (YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS)

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! That's their customer service solution. THIS HAS GOT TO BE A JOKE.

Anyway I've demanded to speak to a supervisor, we shall see if their brain capacity is better than the representative I just spoke with.

The way this is going I will be cancelling everything and eating the $500 cost today.  With that said anyone looking for an iPhone XMS 64g that will ONLY work on SPRINT because they won't unlock the phone? contact me, send me a message.

We hope that your're able to come to a solution with the SUP you speak to, let us know if you need anything. 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat