ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Cannot Figure Out How To Unlock My iPhone

Go to solution

Re: Sprint Cannot Figure Out How To Unlock My iPhone

Hello again. Everything on our end is showing good to go for an unlock, but we are unable to get a signal out to the device. We've reached back out to Apple for assistance in understanding why it can't be received. We'll be in touch as soon as we hear back. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I'm not sure it matters/should matter, but I haven't logged into the phone with my Apple ID. It's connected to WiFi, though, and can access settings, dialer, etc. 

It's something else altogether that is causing the issue. Everything looks green from our end but something is clearly out of whack on the phone and not letting the unlock get through. We'll let you know once we hear back from our tech friends at Apple. 

Journeyman

Per Sprint:

We attempted to unlock the device via our standard process with our Device Management team and our escalated process via our Fraud department, and both determined that the device would need to be unlocked at the original point of sale or prior carrier, not Sprint.

So...this was an "unlocked" phone bought directly from Best Buy and then activated directly with Sprint. Much to my dismay, Sprint is the only one who can unlock this device. Are you still working to fix this?

Hi there. We had to reach out to Apple last week for assistance. Everything from our end looks good to go for an unlock, but the phone isn't able to get a signal. We're having Apple take a closer look at the device so they can help us flip any additional flags behind the scenes on this device so that we can kick an unlock signal out to it.

Journeyman

The long saga is over. It's finally unlocked. Thank you to the team here on the message boards. I know this never would have been done without your support. I sincerely hope any lessons learned here can be applied to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future. I get a sense that my situation is not unique.

I can tell you that this situation was so unique in requiring additional support from Apple that it was the only unlock I've seen this happen to in the last year of working unlocks. I do appreciate your patience as we worked through this to find a resolution with Apple so that we could get this wrapped up for you. 

Journeyman

I connected my service to sprint on dec 14 they gave me a loaner phone and a customer service number I have spoken to numerous ppl over and over they keep having me do the same thing  but it won’t connect to the network it did briefly then stopped have u ever had that issue?

Journeyman

comunicarte conmigo al correo *****
iphone 7plus imei *****

desbloqueo

Sprint Social Care

Hi Mkilty ! I want to make sure that I understand your concern. Did you bring your device from another carrier and it's not working properly on the Sprint network? What's the model of your device? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, Sprint was never willing to unlock a Sprint iPhone 4S

Sprint Social Care

Hello! For the iPhone 4S, the MSL is provided to eligible customers so they can have it activated with a different carrier. Now, this does not mean that device will be accepted by another carrier or interoperate with another carrier's network. Whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities. I recommend you this link here to have all the information required about our unlock policy. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat