Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Refusing to Unlock My Paid iPhone

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Refusing to Unlock My Paid iPhone

The root of the question is why does this policy exist, if there's no technical requirement to do so?

I go back to my original statement, I feel like my phone is being held hostage.

Why does Sprint maintain the right to deny my the us of my device, by preventing me from switching service providers for 50 days? 

@Sprint_Carlos  @Sprint_Kryshna 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

neither agent said "everyone does this"

what the agent DID say was "every carrier has their requirements, policy and procedures to follow"

meaning Sprints requirements, policy and procedures include it must be active on your account for 50 days before it can be unlocked.

if you were with Verizon their requirement, policy and procedure would be required to have it active for 60 days before it could be unlocked.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 

Thank you. I acknowledge that that is Sprint's policy. I'm asking why this policy exists. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

for security purposes if im remembering right. takes roughly that long to fully check and make sure there isnt anything fraudulent etc etc

got bored and did a quick check on TMO...their policy is 40 days with a added "You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months".

that last part alone gives you a slight peak into why..if for example someone stole a phone and it was never reported as stolen just yet..that stolen not reported device has in Sprints case 50 days to be reported etc<~~ mainly just an example

security measures all the carriers have in place just with different requirements.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carlos @Sprint_Kryshna can you validate what @fireguy_6364 claiming?

Community Manager

thx-sprint,  I am one of the Community Managers here. You've been provided with the information that we have available. As you probably can understand, there are some things, the logic behind business decisions being one, that may not be shared with front line agents (that's Carlos and Kryshna, or even corporate employees like me. 

Not to put these guys down because they're very good, they're very smart and they know what they know, but the person scooping ice cream at 31 Flavors doesn't know why it's not 32 Flavors because someone somewhere made that decision and it's generally not a thing shared all the way down to the front line.  But front line they are, as in firing squad, as in they take a lot on their shoulders trying to deliver the best customer experience that they can. I ask that you be understanding that they've given you what info they have.

As the questions we are able to answer have been answered and the appropriate expectation set, I'm going to lock the thread.  if you have questions about how and why I'm allowed to do that, please acquaint yourself with our guidelines.  If you have a new, separate issue that requires assistance from an agent, you're free to search for that answer and either comment in a thread or create a new discussion. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat