cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Won't Unlock My Phone

Go to solution
Journeyman

Sprint Won't Unlock My Phone

I've been trying to get Sprint to unlock my phone since December 7th. I've spent between 12-15 hours on the phone with them and have been lied to multiple times. 

The problem is I sent my phone in to do a screen replacement on November 20th. I got the phone back on December 5th. My lease was up and I purchased the phone outright on December 7th.

On the 7th, I called and asked for it to be unlocked and was told it would within 3-5 days. I called back on the 8th to verify that the case was opened and it was not. The gal told me she would open a case and it would be unlocked within 3-5 days. 

So then I called on the 12th and there was no case open. At first, he told me my phone couldn't be unlocked because it hasnt been active on the account for 50 days. My phone has been active on the account since June 2017. So come to find out, they didn't do a screen repair on my old phone, they gave me a different used phone. Since this phone has a different serial number, it hasn't been active for the 50 days. After 90 minutes on the phone with a rep,  he realized what had happened and after talking to his manager he  told me they would waive the 50 day period and do an accelerated unlock because they sent me different phone and lied to me about it. He told me it would be unlocked within 1-2 days. 

When I called back on Dec 14, there wasn't even a case open to get it unlocked. The guy opened a new case and said it would for sure be unlocked within 3-5 days.

Now I've received 2 emails saying that it can't be unlocked because it hasn't been active for 50 days. 

Please help me or give me my old phone back

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Won't Unlock My Phone

Oh wow that's insane... PM me and lets get this taken care of!

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

I can't figure out how to PM you

Journeyman

click on my name.

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

Exactly what’s been happening to me. Horrible customer service that lies to the customers.
Journeyman

I have had 10 different cases since September 19th and Sprint has yet to unlock my phone as the account holder but have unlock the other 5 devices on the account. As of the 25th they have been telling me that my phone is unlocked but it has not been, it is showing locked when I go into the systems management the UICC is telling me to call Sprint customer care. When I called them they tell me that it is unlocked if there is nothing else they can do and there is no need for me to call them back when I told him that the UICC was saying that it was not unlocked and it was showing locked they opened up another case which is now 11 cases and so many days later. Sprint workers refuse to do their job and they are making my life MISERABLE!!

Journeyman

Message DrA_Sprint, after dealing with that for so long he was able to get mine unlocked very quickly. Much appreciated

Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy Rickysan. I'd like to checked in to this for you. Normally unlocks are super easy. I sent you a PM so I can gather some needed info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat