ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggles getting unlocked iPhone 7 Activated

Journeyman

Struggles getting unlocked iPhone 7 Activated

I am trying to get an iPhone 7 that I unlocked from ATT today activated on my daughters line. When I did a chat session they told me it wasnt unlocked so they couldnt activate it. I confirmed with ATT again that it is unlocked... Phone even shows Sprint with the SIM from her old iPhone in it, but nothing works.

If i put a Verizon or other carrier SIM in the phone it works RIGHT AWAY!

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care

Re: Struggles getting unlocked iPhone 7 Activated

Hi over here! Did you already try checking if the device could work on our network? You can do so by visiting Sprint.com/BYOD ?

Please keep in mind that an unlocked device does not necessarily work or is interoperable with another carrier's network.

I'll do what I can to help you out. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as you get a chance. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Were you ever able to resolve this problem?

Sprint Social Care

Hi Modulatron ! Hope you're ding fine. Are you trying to get your unlocked device activated on our network? If yes, have you already tried visiting  http://Sprint.com/BYOD in order to check your device's eligibility to be activated in our network? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Ciara!

Yes, we ran the IMEI as part of the sign-up process, and it IS eligible for my "Unlimited Kickstart" Plan (BYOD). Message:  "The Sprint network will work for you!  Your network speed: 4G
Good news, your phone is compatible with our network."

Please see HERE for a full summary of my situation!

Thanks!  🙂

Sprint Social Care

Hi @Modulatron! I just responded on that thread, please check my response. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat