cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Sprint with BYOD iPhone X and can't send MMS

Journeyman

Switched to Sprint with BYOD iPhone X and can't send MMS

I switched to Sprint from Verizon and brought my own iPhone X. Since the switch, I can't send mms; this includes pictures to non-iPhone contacts as well as replies to group messages that include a non-iPhone contact. I've contact Sprint via phone support, I've had a ticket open for over a week now with several different support teams calling, trying a couple of things,  and escalating to another team. This has gone on now for over a week and is very frustrating! They have had me reset all network settings on 2 separate occasions (and advised me after the first time that I would lose all stored WiFi passwords), ##update# several times, turn MMS setting off and back on, unpair my appleWatch, now I'm told I need to do a hard reset on my phone (wiping all content and setting it up like a new phone.) This seems very excessive for simple carrier switch.

Has anyone had a similar experience with MMS not sending after bringing a phone from another carrier? If so, how did you resolve it?

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Switched to Sprint with BYOD iPhone X and can't send MMS

if im thinking correctly this is being investigated. it started with the most recent update which means it needs to be investigated by both Sprint and Apple to get the problem figured out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have the exact same issue. I can't send MMS messages since switching to Sprint BYOD from Mint Mobile on my iPhone 6s nearly a month ago. I can receive all types of messages, including MMS. I tried everything and nothing below worked!!! 

• Update PRL ##873283#
  • Re-activate phone on Sprint Network ##25327#
  • Reset Network Settings
  • Toggle MMS On and Off
  • Toggle iMessage On and Off
  • Erase the phone and restore from iCloud
  • Buy an iPhone 7 that is designed for the Sprint Network
  • Update to latest IOS 12.1.2 release
  • Send a picture message to a number that is not in my contacts or conversation history
  • Delete message conversation history
  • Changing SIM cards

There is one thing that seemed to work for a few minutes...I set the iPhone up as a brand new iPhone. I have not tried to see if it works when I sign into my Apple ID, but don't restore the phone from a backup.

Sprint said they are working on a network update. They also said it's Apple's problem. Apple said it's Sprint's problem. The one thing they both agree is to set up the phone from scratch without restoring anything. There has to be another way besides setting up the phone from scratch. I've switched carriers twice and have never had an issue like this before! Smiley Mad

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I would personally set the phone up as new. I am sorry, that is not what you want to hear. Please let us know if that doesn't work. 

Journeyman

Sprint- I think you need to investigate further as there are multiple people experiencing this issue. A device reset and start from scratch should only be necessary when there is a hardware/software problem with the phone. It shouldn't be the case for people bringing their own device and porting their number to Sprint.

Journeyman

@joshkraemer Thanks for the outline of steps that don't work. What's even more strange is that I had 2 family members that came over from a shared account to our new shared account at Sprint at the same time, BYOD iPhones, and they don't have this issue.

I feel like the response from Sprint here is basically throwing their hands up, and saying just start over instead of figuring out how to resolve the problem. Other carriers have more settings available under settings>cellular, so it seems that Sprint is keeping some of these from the end users, and removing the ability for us to try and resolve it ourselves.

Journeyman

Hey Josh,

Just checking to see if everything is now up and running? Were you able to restore you data?  

Journeyman

No, sending MMS is still not working. If I restore the phone, the problem comes back.

Journeyman

Can you send me a private message with your phone number and PIN so I can take a look and see if there are any network settings contributing to the issue.  Also, are you signed in with that Apple ID anywhere else? 

Journeyman

@mediamvn_sprint Is that offer just for Josh?

Journeyman

@mase2201 if you are having the same issue, you can send me a message as well. 

GrandMaster

@joshkraemer

but...prior to restoring the phone it works fine? but once you DO restore it the problem in your case comes back?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat