cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get MMS to work in iPhone - no access to APN

Journeyman

Unable to get MMS to work in iPhone - no access to APN

New to Sprint with BYOD iphone (unlocked).  Tried to MMS (to non iphone users) but kept getting message failed. Then tried to review APN settings but could not even locate Cellular Data Option from Settings menus (supposedly excluded by Sprint). Running latest iOS as well as Carrier Updates (from General-About).

How do I even access Spring's APN on my iPhone to ensure the MMS setting is correct? Then bottomline, how to get MMS to work?

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Unable to get MMS to work in iPhone - no access to APN

Correction: I can see Settings-Cellular Data Options, but only submenus fr there are "Enable LTE" and "Data Roaming". Was expecting to See "Cellular Data Network" menu to facilitate editing of APN.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Have you done any troubleshooting with your phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes, I have done trouble shooting with the new phone. The inability to send MMS to non-iphone users stem from MMS setting in APN. My inability to access APN to edit, according to Apple, stems from Sprint's exclusion of "Cellular Data Network" option under the "Cellular Data Option" menu in Settings. Tried it with a Tmobile and ATT SIM and did not have the issues with MMS and access to APN

Unfortunately, I don't have enough knowledge for working with the APN. I can troubleshoot the MMS though.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Trouble shooting MMS: Thru iMessage I was able to SMS and MMS to other iPhone users, but was only able to SMS (ie Text) non-iPhone users. Any MMS messages would get "!" as Not Delivered.  The above is replicated with Sprint Network and Wifi.  3rd party app MMS (WhatsApp) worked fine, again just the stock iPhone iMessage fails at sending MMS to non-iphone. Tried different recipient (non-iPhone), different attachments, same failure.

Googling the issue, I ran into "proper" MMS setting in Sprint APN, but, as mentioned, was unable to even access the APN profile on my iphone to edit Sprint's entry.

So, if you r unable to help on accessing APN for editing, then please advise on how to get MMS to work thru other corrective measures or trouble shooting.  Thanks.

Which iPhone do you have?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Xs Max (never locked). Latest iOS version. MMS worked last week with different carrier. Just joined Sprint days ago.

To verify, you're sending to numbers that have been previously programmed into your phone with the area codes? They are all people you have messaged before, correct? And the messages you're sending are about the same size as they've been in the past?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

All correct except I typed in the entire phone numbers (inc area code). Don't keep those numbers in my contact list. Once again, the same numbers were tested with SMS (worked) and MMS (Not Delivered)

Does the data work properly on the phone? Have you tried to send an MMS to yourself? If not, please try it. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Sending MMS to my myself (an IPhone user) via iMessage works fine. But non-iPhone users sending MMS to me are NOT received; SMS were fine. Data is working fine as well. So, MMS iMessage to and from iPhone users are both fine. But MMS iMessage to and from non-iPhone users (Android, Google Voice via PC) do not work in both directions.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat