cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked iPhone 6 not properly activating

Go to solution
Journeyman

Unlocked iPhone 6 not properly activating

Hello! I have spent over three hours on the phone with a number or online support techs and then ultimately was sent to the store with no success. My iphone ported from cricket perfectly to sprint several months ago but now my husband’s is not working.

He has an iPhone 6. It was confirmed that the phone is unlocked and the port occurred. It is still saying “no service” on the top left. It will briefly show service.

i am really hoping someone can help me get this resolved. I love my sprint service and want to put his phone on it successfully too. This has been a huge hassle and we’d love to have a working phone over he weekend! Many thanks in advance for your help.

19 REPLIES 19
GrandMaster

Re: Unlocked iPhone 6 not properly activating

is he able to make/receive calls and just not use data or are calls also affected? if its data only then it could be an issue with the sim card itself or possibly an issue on the line itself. one of the agents in here can assist with this.

post what all troubleshooting you guys have attempted so far so the agents dont run you through the same gauntlet.

and this is only affecting him correct? and not both of you?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you for responding. We have confirmed that the phone ported correctly from cricket to sprint. It is showing as ported and active in the sprint system. We’ve tried absolutely everything the phone techs go through including turning off and on, removing SIM, the ##873283#, changing settings, connecting and disconnecting the internet, at the store the replaced with a new SIM. The store suggested I call Apple about it. Went through an entire phone reset so everything is now wiped from the phone and it’s still not connecting to the spring network. It simply says “no service “ most of the time. Occasionally it will flash Sprint LTE with a bar and then back to no service. The phone that hasn’t activated is an iPhone 6 bought from cricket.

Back in May, I successfully ported my iPhone SE from Cricket with no issues whatsoever.

Really hoping to get this phone connected to the network soon!

thanks!

Journeyman

Also to clarify, never been able to make or receive calls or texts on the phone since ported and no internet connectivity whatsoever since connecting. It was previously working perfectly on cricket. Thanks!

Journeyman

I desperately need help as soon as possible with this issue. I went back and forth between the Apple and sprint stores today for 3.5 hours! At the Apple store, they found the wrong IMEI number in my account and sent me to sprint. Sprint looked at it, got everything set up and the system showed it active and on the account. Sprint said there must be something wrong with the phone.

i went back to Apple. Apple tried to wipe and reset the phone again, which didn’t work. They got out a loaner iPhone 6 and went to activate it on the account. When trying to activate the loaner the tech got the exact same message he got in the system when trying to switch SIM cards on the original phone. Message:

Device marked as BYOD which is not supported in this channel.

Please visit a sprint store to activate this device.

So instead he sent me back to sprint because it seemed something must be set wrong in my account. At sprint, they checked the account and said everything was right but that Apple can’t activate a BYOD to sprint and that’s why the error. They assured me if I got the loaner, they could activate it on the account.

Back to Apple I went, who gave me the loaner phone and sent our phone off for diagnostic testing offsite. I took the phone to sprint to activate and it still will not work!! The sprint rep said everything was right on the account and has no idea what isn’t working.

We have now been without this phone since Thursday evening. I’m truly at a loss and ready to just take it back to cricket.

I love sprint on my phone service and really wanted my husband to have it too. I really really hope someone has a solution for me very soon.

thank you!

Highlighted
Community Manager

PM me your phone number.  It sounds like the Apple Policy is incorrect.

@flutacious7 wrote:

I desperately need help as soon as possible with this issue. I went back and forth between the Apple and sprint stores today for 3.5 hours! At the Apple store, they found the wrong IMEI number in my account and sent me to sprint. Sprint looked at it, got everything set up and the system showed it active and on the account. Sprint said there must be something wrong with the phone.

i went back to Apple. Apple tried to wipe and reset the phone again, which didn’t work. They got out a loaner iPhone 6 and went to activate it on the account. When trying to activate the loaner the tech got the exact same message he got in the system when trying to switch SIM cards on the original phone. Message:

Device marked as BYOD which is not supported in this channel.

Please visit a sprint store to activate this device.

So instead he sent me back to sprint because it seemed something must be set wrong in my account. At sprint, they checked the account and said everything was right but that Apple can’t activate a BYOD to sprint and that’s why the error. They assured me if I got the loaner, they could activate it on the account.

Back to Apple I went, who gave me the loaner phone and sent our phone off for diagnostic testing offsite. I took the phone to sprint to activate and it still will not work!! The sprint rep said everything was right on the account and has no idea what isn’t working.

We have now been without this phone since Thursday evening. I’m truly at a loss and ready to just take it back to cricket.

I love sprint on my phone service and really wanted my husband to have it too. I really really hope someone has a solution for me very soon.

thank you!

Journeyman

Having the apply policy number reset through this individual finally worked!!!  Please be advised that if you find this post because of this issue to reach out to someone on here directly who can make this apply policy number reset happen for you.  Good luck!

Community Manager

LOL!  I think I'm the individual she is speaking of!  I'm glad I could help!

@flutacious7 wrote:

Having the apply policy number reset through this individual finally worked!!!  Please be advised that if you find this post because of this issue to reach out to someone on here directly who can make this apply policy number reset happen for you.  Good luck!

Journeyman

You definitely are the person who fixed the apple policy number on the account and finally ended the crazy process of porting the phone number to Sprint.  Thank you SO much for making this fix and fixing the issue for us!!!  Thank you!

Community Manager

No problem!

@flutacious7 wrote:

You definitely are the person who fixed the apple policy number on the account and finally ended the crazy process of porting the phone number to Sprint.  Thank you SO much for making this fix and fixing the issue for us!!!  Thank you!

Journeyman

I run into the same issue-- iPhone 6 ported from Xfinity Mobile and no service. Could you please check my apple policy to see if mine needs a reset too? Thanks!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I can take a look at this. To clarify, do you already have a Sprint account set up?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat