cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking IPhone 7 Plus

Journeyman

Unlocking IPhone 7 Plus

Hello. My phone is out of contract and is also paid. I’ve contacted Sprint to get my 2 phones unlocked several times. They tell me to don’t worry, it will be unlocked in 24-48 hours. They tell me this every time but no luck!!! I have checked both phones and it still shows both locked. I didn’t think something so simple could turn out to be so difficult.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Unlocking IPhone 7 Plus

I would like to review these unlocks for you. When the unlocks were requested, did the phones have the Sprint SIMs in them, connected to WiFi and powered on? Did you receive any ticket or case numbers?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes it has Sprint sims and connected to WiFi when home. I got a interaction ID number.

It sounds like the signal may have been missed. Are the phones still active?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Yes they are fully active on Sprint services

May I ask why you're looking to unlock them?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Later I might decide to sell them and upgrade to newer phones.

I understand. With them still being active on the account, there is a possibility that the phones will lock again when the software updates. We also have to look at the issue that when the phone's still in use, moving the phone between locations, means that the data source may not be continuous. The unlock signal may have been missed. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

They know they are not unlocked. Also I have never heard anything like that. Every phone I had ounce it’s unlocked it’s permanent. I also suppose to get an email notifying me that they are unlocked also. Have not yet!

Let me get into the account and check on the unlock requests. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Hello! I am having this same problem. I am going to Europe and I need to use a SIM card there for my local travel, rather than international service through Sprint - I need a Spain phone number for my work there. I have had my iphone 7 Plus for years, and I've recently both 1) paid it off in full, and 2) paid the upcoming bill to make sure my account was all cleared. I've called the international unlocking line for Sprint 3 times, and they've told me each time my phone was now unlocked. I even punched in the code to unlock and reset the software. I have also backed up, then erased and reset my iPhone. With each try, when I have tried to test it by inserting my friend's AT&T SIM card into my iphone 7 plus, I keep getting the same error message: "SIM not supported...please request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier." 

Please help me, I need this dealt with by Thursday, October 3. I do not understand why the international line keeps saying my phone is unlocked, but in practice it's not successful. 

With the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models, if the phones were bought through a carrier directly, they were built by Apple for that carrier and don't have all the bands necessary to move between carriers, which could make international unlocks difficult. However, if the phone was purchased directly from Apple, it should have all the bands included to cover at least all the domestic carriers. 

I'd be glad to check on your unlock requests, sevelynmck and tieu8dia8chu please send me a PM and I'll take a look to see how we can be of assistance. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat