cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an iPhone SE

Journeyman

Unlocking an iPhone SE

Hi, I'm in need of help to unlock an iPhone SE, so I can use it on international networks. Is there anyone out there who can save me from countless more hours on the phone with Sprint support?

The iPhone SE was purchased new by me. Again, this phone is new (old stock) and there is no previous owner! The IMEI is clean, as confirmed by a Sprint agent over chat.

I bought this phone to use overseas, so I'm kindly asking for assistance to unlock it! Thanks to anyone who can help!

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
GrandMaster

Re: Unlocking an iPhone SE

you have a Sprint account that it is on currently or you purchased a new phone through an outside vendor that happens to be a Sprint variant and locked to Sprint but you do not have a Sprint account?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi, that would be the latter! I'm currently living overseas and have no need for the Sprint network here. I wish to use this iPhone SE and this is the only model I could find, which I purchased from a vendor in the States. I just want to free it, so I can use it! Thanks!

Wizard

Good morning @rainbow_zebra. If you're wanting to get your phone unlocked, we would need the original account holder's name/account number to be provided. Since you aren't the original owner, we wouldnt be able to unlock the phone. Also, there are certain requirements the phone has to meet in order to be unlocked. If you want more info, go to https://sprint.co/2Rrzhf1 or https://sprint.co/2Ru5Xof. It will give you all the info you need.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Hi, I am the original owner. This phone was never used or activated before I opened it from the shrink-wrapped box. I have the IMEI number and wish to begin the unlocking process, so I can use this phone while I am on international networks. It's a simple as that. Can anyone help?

Wizard

Since you bought the phone from someone here in the US, you wouldn't be the original account holder. The person you bought it from is. Without their info, we wouldn't be able to unlock your phone.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Hi, I bought this phone from a vendor who selling many units (various colors and memory configurations) of the iPhone SE. So, I'm assuming this was excess old stock. If they're the "account holder", then what information do I need from them specifically?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

If they're set up as the account holder in our system, then we'll need their name and/or account number. Please send me the IMEI in a private message and I'll see what I can find out about the phone. Also, include your name and phone number.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

What is the most economical way to open a Sprint account and maintain it for 50 days? Keep in mind, I won't be using any cell minutes or data, so the cheapest plan is preferred. I simply want to maintain an account for 50 days, so I can then request an unlock for my iPhone SE. Thanks for any help!

Wizard

Good morning. You can get a account, sign up for the unlimited basic plan, and pay 65 ($60 when enrolled into autopay) for the plan. You would also pay  for the surcharges, taxes, and if you decided to get Sprint Complete (protection for your phone). 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Thanks for that info. I'll consider this, though 50 days is a long wait.

If anyone is willing to unlock this phone, please send me a private message. I can pay for this unlock. Smiley Happy

GrandMaster

yeah... it doesnt work that way..if you want to pay for someone to unlock it, in here is not the place to request this..

you would have been better off contacting the seller and working something out with them to get an actual unlocked device and not once still locked to a carrier.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat