cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to swap out phones getting error : This number is invalid. Please try again.

Journeyman

When trying to swap out phones getting error : This number is invalid. Please try again.

Just moved my entire family to Sprint, ported 4 numbers and brought devices over.

All the devices worked except one...Iphone X...formerly locked by ATT.
I have confirmation from ATT that the phone is unlocked.

Every time I try to enter the IMEI number i get: This number is invalid. Please try again.

Spent two hours at the Sprint Store yesterday, they are seeing the same issue.
Called the Sprint customer support they said go to the store....
Called Corporate store they said call ATT.
Can someone please help me? 
I have a phone I haven't been able to use for 3 days now.
Currently using a backup phone.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: When trying to swap out phones getting error : This number is invalid. Please try again.

Hi ravenjones ! This is not good at all. 😕 

Did you already try checking the device eligibility to be used on our network through Sprint.com/BYOD ? If not, please do so.

If you already tried that, I'd like to check the error that is giving us and see what options we have. Please send me a Private Message as soon as you have a chance. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: When trying to swap out phones getting error : This number is invalid. Please try again.

Here is the message i get on the site

This phone can't be activated online

Please chat with Care so we can help.

Journeyman

Everyone taped out on this? 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat