cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 12

Hello all ! Hope everyone is safe and well. Here is the question of the year !!  I’m looking to get the new iPhone 12. If I order from Apple, am I getting the Sprint or T-Mobile ?? Now before you say check with them I already have and got 3 different answers. 

According to Sprint - Activate on Sprint

According to Apple - Sprint is not a supported carrier at the moment, to activate a new SIM card with them you would have to visit a Sprint location. So buy the unlocked and bring to a store for activation

According to T-Mobile - Buy the T Mobile as the companies are now one

And they all want me to buy the phone from them. But I want to use my Apple Card and get 0% for 2 yrs. if I buy from Apple store. 

Who has the better 5G ?

What say you all ?  What are you folks that are upgrading going to do ? Looking for info. 

Thanks

David

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! We're always excited when new devices are launching. No worries, more info will be coming soon! For the latest, check out this link; https://www.apple.com/apple-events/

Highlighted

Hi Ayana. I watched it. All they do is praise Verizon. Doesn’t answer my question. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

any 5G that you will be pulling up now will be TMO..as is they are currently doing tower upgrades across the nation..last rumored number was 100 towers roughly per day.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@CFDTruck. We actually do have some new information regarding the availability. Yes, Sprint is now part of T-Mobile, but customer's are still linked to their original Sprint account. We will offer the new iPhone 12 lineup, including iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12, and iPhone 12 mini and they'll be compatible with our 5G coverage through T-Mobile Network Access. Sprint devices will also only support activation of a physical SIM. I understand you prefer to purchase through Apple, but did you attempt to do so through their web page? Here's a link to Apple's shop page for the iPhone 12 and Sprint is available to select as a carrier; https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12 . Which model are you thinking of getting? 

Highlighted

Ayana. I’m looking at the 12 pro. I saw that sprint was available and that added to my confusion that Apple said sprint was not a supported carrier. Will I have to bring the new device to a sprint/T-Mobile store for activation and be able to use TMO 5G ? 

Highlighted

Just making sure, are you activating to a current line on a Sprint account or new?

Highlighted

A current sprint line. 

Highlighted

Okay. You'll be able to do the activation online, but will require a physical SIM. I'd also be happy to check out your upgrade options through us. Sending you a private message now. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat