cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus Not Activating

Journeyman

iPhone 6S Plus Not Activating

I recently signed up for the Speint Free Year promo. When I received the SIM card and put into my phone it says “iPhone is Not Activated” I’ve tried numerous restarts but the phone is just not activating on Sprints network. And the phone is unlocked. 

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6S Plus Not Activating

Can I please get some help with this issue? I’ve tried calling the support and they were unable to activate as well. I need to get this activated so I can port my number before the other service ends. Please help. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having exactly same issue. I have global unlocked iPhone 6S and it is not getting activated. I have switched from T-Mobile to Sprint. I  signed up for BOYD (one year free) plan. I am struggling to get the Sprint service since last two days. I spent 7 hours in talking to Sprint customer care. I spoke to Sales, Order and Technical teams. I visited Sprint store twice. I tried two different Sprint SIM. Nothing seems to be working. Other SIM cards from T-Mobile are working fine in my iPhone. Only Sprint SIM is not working. 

I think it is a known issue as many people have complained about this in other threads (https://community.sprint.com/t5/iPhone-6-and-iPhone-6-Plus/Unlocked-iphone-6-plus-not-activating-wit...). I am surprised, why Sprint customer care does not have any proper solution if so many customers are struggling. In earlier thread, many customer told that they are getting private message for the fix. I am not sure how many days I'll have to be without service. I already ported my T-Mobile number to Sprint.

Sprint Social Care

Hey wcutler12! I'd be more than happy to assist you with this concern. Please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Hey there neelk! Let's figure this out. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as you have an opportunity.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

GrandMaster

many threads with the same answer in them as to why. the phones IMEI must be added into Sprints database. since the device did not start off with them they have zero record of it in their system..meaning it must be added more often than not. the agent in here can get that ball rolling.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I received my SIM card from Sprint today and tried to activate my iPhone 6s.  I received an email from Sprint that the activation was successful, however, my phone says, “no service”.  I took the phone to the Sprint store and three employees tried for 4 hours to activate the phone.  They called both  Apple support and Sprint support with no success.  There was no issue with the phone and they tried several different SIM cards.  I left the store after 4 hours frustrated and still without cell service.  At this point I don’t know what to do next.  Please help!

Wizard

I know it can be frustrating spending all that time at a store with no success, but I'm here to fix this for you. Let's go over to private message so I get some account info.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

I appreciate your quick response.  However, I bought a new iPhone 8 today.  It connected to the Sprint network with no problem.  The issue has been resolved.  Thanks again.

Journeyman

1) Ordered Sprint SIM after verifying with IMEI (6s plus) and phone number that it is eligible to port

2) The activate link didn't work and have to call phone support (They ran a credit check again) to complete the porting

3) Spent few hours with Tech support and they couldn't make it work. They referred to Sprint store

4) Sprint store 1 referred to Sprint store 2 and they referred to Sprint store 3

5) No one able to make it work. Left the store with no service on the device

Wizard

I know how important it is to have a phone, it's your way of communication. I would be more than happy to take a look at this for you.

Please answer the following questions:

-What carrier did your phone previously have?

-Have you reset the network? If not settings > general > reset > change to reset network settings.

-What's the IMEI for the phone?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat