cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 dead

Journeyman

iPhone 7 dead

My iPhone 7 is dead. It shut off and will not power up or reset. I purchased it in October of 2018 as a pre-owned device. So I’m 8 months in and sprint says my only option is to buy out the lease for $200. Apple officially pronounced it dead and said I could trade it in for a pre owned for $319. Apparently it was originally purchased in February of 2017, so there is no warranty anywhere. It is an official brick and Sprint won’t offer anything in good faith. We have 6 phones with them and have had for close to 15 years. Currently looking at switching providers to someone who might care about servicing a customer.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: iPhone 7 dead

We offer a 90 day warranty and Sprint Complete on pre-owned devices in case anything like this happens. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Insufficient band aid. A 90 day warranty didn’t do me any good. The auto industry used to have policies like this until they were forced to recognize the unfairness of them. Now they stand behind their products and services. You do not. Having me pay almost as much for a phone in a “protection” plan is insufficient. Paying to break an unfair lease based on deficient hardware is unfair. It’s plain and simple.

Let me see what I can do. Please PM me the MEID of your phone. 

Or phone number if you don't have it since the phone won't turn on.

Journeyman

Like KingCaffeine1, I too had problems with my pre-owned device (IPhone7 plus) and contacted Sprint about the problem. I was well within 90 days for the warranty, but the customer service rep (who was extremely rude and ignorant) stated the refurbished product they sold me could only be returned with 14 days of purchase and there was no warranty. So who is correct? The phone had issues from the start and she didn't care. She told me I was responsible for the phone as soon as I left the store. This was a leased phone with the option to purchase at the end of the lease. She compared it to buying a used car. Really, a used car! The phone was taken to a Sprint Service Center who advised us the phone contained counterfeit parts. Customer service said that wasn't her problem, it was my problem. I'm totally dissatisfied with Sprint's customer service. You should notify potential buyers that you do not back up the products you sell, refurbished or not.

I'm a long time customer of Sprint and have never been treated like this before. My daughter needed a working phone (she was in her final semester of Medical School (she's now a doctor) and being without a working phone wasn't an option. I purchased the phone for her in January 2019. Within the first two weeks she was having problems with the phone charging properly and shuting down unexpectedly. There was also issues with turning the phone on after it had shut down. No one at Sprint seemed to care and they refused to take any responsibility for the defective phone. Does Sprint not want me as a customer???

Howdy tflick3. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with the rep was so upsetting, and I'll be more than happy to complete an agent feed back. This info will go directly to his/her supervisor. As for the phone, I understand that you have been having trouble since getting the phone. Sprint does offer a 14 satisfaction guarantee, and during that 14 day period a customer may return the device. After this period the device is either protected by Sprint Complete, or the manufactures warranty. With this being a refurbished phone, there may not be a manufactures warranty. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather the needed info for the agent feed back. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat