Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR Can't Send Photos by text, and SLOW (unusable) Cellular Data

Journeyman

iPhone XR Can't Send Photos by text, and SLOW (unusable) Cellular Data

I have an iPhone XR that was purchased new from Sprint in August 2019. Ever since day 1, I discovered that it is unable to send picture messages to non-iPhones. I've tested this with other people with iPhones on the Sprint network, and their pictures send to non-iPhones fine. I've spent SO MUCH TIME, hours on the phone with Sprint and Apple, then Sprint, then hours going to the "Repair Center" store in Northridge. The "Repair Center" was unable to figure it out, and they referred me to call 855-212-9515, which they told me is higher-level support at Sprint, and the gentleman there was so nice, but unfortunately, he eventually dropped the ball and never remedied the problem.

The user of this phone is not me, it is my son. Now, I discover that he has been dealing with horrible cellular data all along! Unless he's on a wifi network, his phone won't even stream music on Tidal, which is much lighter weight than streaming a video on YouTube or Hulu (which are a no-go, unless on a wifi network).

I feel kind of ripped-off that I've been paying for phone service that is mostly unusable for the last 15 months.

Will these problems be resolved if I upgrade to a new phone? I really shouldn't have to spend all that money to fix something that should have been working all along. 

I did see something on my "suggested offers" saying this phone can get "better coverage at no extra cost":

Sprint-Suggested-Offer.jpg

They say to visit my local T-Mobile store to "take advantage" of the "better coverage at no extra cost". I opened a chat (seen above) to inquire about what to expect, and they said I don't need to visit the store, that I can call Customer Care. 

I do have another line, which is a Google Pixel 3a XL, but there is no "suggested offer" for my device.

If anyone can help me get the iPhone XR working with the ability to send photos via text to non-iPhones and better cellular data speed, I would be very thankful. 

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat