cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone7 activation - ESN Fraud

Journeyman

iPhone7 activation - ESN Fraud

My daughter bought a clear ESN iPhone7 from eBay in August 2018 and activated it on Tello. It was working fine for 8 months until I decided to move the line to Sprint in April 2019. The iPhone7 failed online activation. I called Customer Care and they transferred me to Fraud. They told me the iPhone7 was blacklisted for Fraud back in September 2018 but it kept working on Tello for some reason. I could not not return the phone to seller as it was working for 8 months on Tello. My daughter saved $285 to buy the phone and now its useless. Seller refuses to refund as he says it was working for 8 months. Can anyone help? How do I fix this? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: iPhone7 activation - ESN Fraud

If it's marked as fraud we won't be able to remove that flag. Unfortunately the phone is going to be unusable. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

If the iPhone7 was flagged for Fraud in Sep 2018 why did it continue to work until April 2019? This is a problem with Sprint systems that it allowed the device to continue working for months when I could have returned it immediately to seller for Fraud. I could not ask for refund after 8 months use. 

That's a question for Tello since they allowed it to be used. If you want to send me a PM with the IMEI of the phone I can double check it for you.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat