cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The number or code you dialed is incorrect" when calling a specific working number

Journeyman

"The number or code you dialed is incorrect" when calling a specific working number

I have just switched to Sprint, using a Sprint iphone. Tried to join a work conference call today, everyone else was able to dial in, but I get a voice error message saying "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect. Please check the number or code, and try again. Message 7, switch 2316."

I was able to make outbound calls to other numbers. Customer service refreshed network twice already, and had me dial ##873283# on my phone, still getting the same error.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care

Re: "The number or code you dialed is incorrect" when calling a specific working number

Hi unicyclepig ! Let's see what's going on. Have you been able to join other conference calls? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: "The number or code you dialed is incorrect" when calling a specific working number

Yes, I tried with a different con-call number, it connected just fine. This is from a con-call provider that's different from the one number that I am having trouble with.

I also tried the in-connectable number again just now, still getting the same voice error.

I'm able to make calls to cell numbers that I tested with.

This is happenning to ALL devices on my account, we are talking about 2 iphones and 1 samsung.

Journeyman

The con-call number that is giving me the error message, is a working number. My whole team was able to dial in, and I was the only one that couldn't dial in and getting the error message.

Sprint Social Care

Got it! Since this is just happening with a specific number, we'd need to take a closer look into your account information. Please send me a Private Message as soon as you have a chance. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat