cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App of the Week: WeatherBug Elite

Journeyman

Happy Groundhog Day! Punxsutawney Phil’s 6-week prediction may or may not be the most accurate, considering he’s a groundhog, but thankfully there’s WeatherBug Elite to keep you in-the-know for weather all year long. Get real-time forecasts, enhanced interactive maps, up-to-the-minute severe weather alerts and more. This app even features ‘Spark Alerts’ to detect close lightning strikes in the area. While the feature doesn’t give you common sense to avoid fishing during a thunderstorm, it will use GPS to tell you how far away you are from lightning cells, which is pretty neat. Most importantly, this app has never failed me in terms of accuracy. I love watching the interactive maps as the weather hits and knowing what areas to avoid when traveling on the road. As I’m traveling, the app provides weather updates for my location, so I don't have to update information while on the road.

weatherbug.jpg

App Name: WeatherBug Elite

Price: 1.99

Elite Features:

•          Get current, extended and hourly forecasts in an easy-to-read format.

•          Enhanced interactive maps offer multiple layers such as Doppler radar, lightning strikes, humidity, wind speed, traffic, satellite imaging and more.

•          Severe weather alert notifications

•          Spark Alerts turn your smartphone into a personal lightning detector.

•          Lifestyle Forecasts identify specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable.

•          Live weather cams

•          Share current conditions, forecasts, live cam images and severe weather alerts with your social network

Check it out!  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aws.android.elite&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMS...