Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Sprint apps (NASCAR, etc)?

Journeyman

Delete Sprint apps (NASCAR, etc)?

Samsung Moment running stock 1.5 OS.

How do I delete apps I don't care about (and never will), like Sprint NASCAR, SprintT, Bejeweled Demo ?

I want them out of my apps.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Delete Sprint apps (NASCAR, etc)?

You have to root your phone to get rid of apps that Sprint has marked as system apps from Android

Highlighted
Journeyman

How you do that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I here What your saying. how do you Root the phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, me too on this one. This phone came with over 9000 apps that are just taking up space, what do l have to do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies-extras.html there is a program called "Titanium Backup" that will "freeze" apps but not delete them, but that will prevent them from taking up memory and remove them from the apps list. The reason no one's answered the "How do I root?" question is because apperntly it's fucking hard and somewhat risky (also I found these answers in about five minutes on Google). I haven't tried either rooting or Titanium Backup, so I can't vouch for the safety or ease, however, it anyone else wants to know, good luck.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.