cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to turn the Sprint ID feature off on the Samsung Transform?

Journeyman

Does anyone know how to turn the Sprint ID feature off on the Samsung Transform?

I just purchased the Samsung Transform and it was shipped today. I really like the phone so far but do not find the Sprint ID feature useful for me. Does anyone know how to turn if off? I would rather use a theme of somesort on the android market.

Thank you

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Does anyone know how to turn the Sprint ID feature off on the Samsung Transform?

The easiest thing to do is change your ID to the one called My ID. This ID pack is pre-installed on the phone and is very basic and has no installed widgets or applications. From there you are free to install any themes, etc. from the app store that you want.

You will still have the "ID" button next to the menu key, but other than that you will be pretty basic Android build.

You can also delete any ID packs you have downloaded by pressing the ID button then Menu > Manage > ID Pack you want to remove > Remove.

Journeyman

Re: Does anyone know how to turn the Sprint ID feature off on the Samsung Transform?

Clean ID works too....

Journeyman

Thank you to for the quick reply from  MPerina1 and garrettz1. I downloaded the clean at activation and think I am going to stick with that. I wanted to use a theme but it is too much trouble and I could end up with it not working properly.

Journeyman

You can also use a home replacement like adw or launcherpro to get rid of the SprintId....well dosent get rid of it but able to get it off the home screen

Journeyman

I was able to cancel the Sprint ID download when I first got the phone.  Restarted it, now I don't have any sprint id packages or sprint bloatware installed.  If you can't live with the ID logo, install LauncherPro as an alternate launcher.