Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - invalid username/password

Go to solution
Journeyman

Email - invalid username/password

I've had my email on my phone since I've had my phone (1.5 yrs) and each time I update my password for Gmail I do so on my phone as well. I haven't updated my password recently for Gmail but I woke up this morning to a message stating I had an invalid username/password. So I checked to make sure I could still log in on my laptop I could. I changed my password on my laptop and then deleted the email account on the phone readded it but still stating invalid username/password. I'm checking uppercase/lowercased, special characters etc.

Is anyone else having this issue, or ever had this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Here are options/steps you can follow - When something is happening that shouldn't be happening.

1. Make sure captcha is unlocked

2. Delete and add email (which you have done)

3. Wait - time may cure this

4. Reset device - quite a bit of work

5. Gmail support over the web

Larry

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Try this to start with

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha

I have seen the captcha play games before - If this doesn't fix it let me know-

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

the issue is on my phone not my computer though. I can get email through the gmail app on my phone with the correct password, but not the email client that i use for all my other email (work etc.)

Master

So you are getting the Gmail in both apps on your phone, correct? What client/app are you using?

Larry

Journeyman

I typically shut off notifications in the gmail application that comes on the phone (Evo) and don't use that one. The one I use mostly is "mail" app that comes with the phone, the button for it is an enevelop with a letter in it (not sure if it's the actual name for the app).

Master

Here are options/steps you can follow - When something is happening that shouldn't be happening.

1. Make sure captcha is unlocked

2. Delete and add email (which you have done)

3. Wait - time may cure this

4. Reset device - quite a bit of work

5. Gmail support over the web

Larry

View solution in original post

Journeyman

waiting seemed to work - oddly enough it came back to life when I tried it about 2 minutes ago...weird how things work sometimes.

Thanks for your help!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.