cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Unwanted Apps

Highlighted
Journeyman

Extra Unwanted Apps

I downloaded Bejeweled 2 to my HTC Evo from the play store and it looks as if two unwanted apps were downloaded as well. One is labeled Search and the other More Offer. Does anyone have any clue on how to delete these? They are not listed the My Apps section on my phone.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: Extra Unwanted Apps

Where are you seeing these applications?   Do they appear in the list of application on the device  or somewhere else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

They aren't on my list of apps on my phone. They are on the 2nd page of my home screen and there is no way to delete or uninstall these apps. Its almost as though they are spam.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Programs like Titanium Backup (Avail at various app web pages) allow you to uninstall almost all apps. Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

They are not full apps. they are infact shortcuts, placed on your desktop. my trick is to have only the amount of screens i need(3) and have them full with the apps i use. i then get a message when shortcuts are attmpted to be placed on the desktop saying "no room". before that, i would simply drag them down to the garbage to delete.

they dont show in apps list, because they were never installed in the first place. cheers!

now if i can only uninstall all of the other goofy garbage. SERIOUSLY i do not want twitter or facebook on my phone!! (amongst countless other re-installing crap)

Highlighted

Hi manik1013r,

I definitely understand where you are coming from.  In order to uninstall pre-loaded apps on your device, a ''root'' is required on your device.  There are forums and information available regarding your device (if it is an android).  Please keep in mind, rooted devices are unsupported by Sprint.  You also void your manufacturer's warranty if the device is rooted.  

As posted earlier there are applications within google play/market that uninstall applications.  The app may not have not ''rights'' to uninstall preloaded apps.

Hope you find this helpful! 

If you have any further questions or concerns please send me a private message!

We appreciate your business

Monica

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.