cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW CAN I RETRIEVE CONTACTS FROM A WIRELESSBACKUP AND PHONE IS BROKEN

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a Samsung (Smartphone) that fell in a pool. A few weeks earlier I had it backed up via sprint. com / wirelessbackup. I was so happy thinking I now have a good back up of my contacts for my new phone only to find out that software are not compatible with newer phones such as evo, android etc, and that I have to have my old Samsung working to retrieve my contacts; and in addition to this, the best option  to do this is to have it exported as a .cvs file. Without my phone working this is impossible - what other options do I have? Anyone? There has got to be another way....?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

You don't state if this was an Instinct or what phone. Some devices have Mobile Sync, same have wireless backup and then Android relies on Google.

Have you tried signing into https://wirelessbackup.sprint.com/signon.do

There is a limited time technical support can retrieve these contacts if you have changed types of devices. I urge you to call in sooner than later if you cannot access this online. There is a backend process to recover them but only for a limited time.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for getting back to me.  The phone I had was a Samsung.  Yes I did try the https (wirelessbackup.sprint) and I could not get access because the phone was not connected (obviously it's not connected because it's broken).  I called 3 times to the Sprint helpdesk.  All indicated it was not possible. Either they did not understand me or it was just to complicated to want to understand.  One actually dropped the call with me (Becky?). One finally understood and opened a ticket to a local Service Tech.  But the Tech said he could not do it because the phone needed to be connected.  I even suggested they disconnect my new phone device and connect to any phone sample device they had in the store that has that software just so I can retrieve a printable copy.  They said they had no such phone.  So my last resort is this site.   

Rose   - Mimirock

Highlighted
Journeyman

the question is what kind of samsung. a samsung smartphone is any of 5+ that they currently sell plus legacy phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry about that.  Yes, it's a Samsung smartphone

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.