Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please! BB App World update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Help please! BB App World update

I have a Curve 8530.  I upgraded BB App World a few days ago and now get a persistent error message: "BB App World is having trouble connecting to the BB App World server.  Verify your netweork connections and try again".  I can't find anything in online help that resolves this problem.  My apps are dead in the water.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Right now there are a few Blackberry Service Alerts that may be causing you to have that error message.  In fact yesterday and today Blackberry has had data issues in the United States:

990 Device Problem Open We are currently experiencing a backlog for RIM CDMA provisioning. Market affected: Americas Nationwide Customers Impacted: CDMA Blackberry subscribers We are currently engaged with the appropriate network groups and vendor while issue is being identified and resolve. We will provide updates as soon as we get them. CDMA National CRM-N01 10/1/2011 1:36:05 PM 10/1/2011 1:36:05 PM N/A 0 Day(s) 22 hr(s) 28 min(s)
988 Device Problem Open There is a backlog for CDMA RIM at this time. CDMA National CRM-N01 9/30/2011 10:20:45 AM 9/30/2011 10:23:41 AM N/A 2 Day(s) 1 hr(s) 43 min(s) Any modifications to CDMA Blackberry subscribers will be impacted by the backlog. 

I apologize you are experiencing the trouble with App World.  I would say you probably should just give it a little time for us to fix the outages since they're still open.  There may not be anything wrong with your device...

thanks again

-John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Right now there are a few Blackberry Service Alerts that may be causing you to have that error message.  In fact yesterday and today Blackberry has had data issues in the United States:

990 Device Problem Open We are currently experiencing a backlog for RIM CDMA provisioning. Market affected: Americas Nationwide Customers Impacted: CDMA Blackberry subscribers We are currently engaged with the appropriate network groups and vendor while issue is being identified and resolve. We will provide updates as soon as we get them. CDMA National CRM-N01 10/1/2011 1:36:05 PM 10/1/2011 1:36:05 PM N/A 0 Day(s) 22 hr(s) 28 min(s)
988 Device Problem Open There is a backlog for CDMA RIM at this time. CDMA National CRM-N01 9/30/2011 10:20:45 AM 9/30/2011 10:23:41 AM N/A 2 Day(s) 1 hr(s) 43 min(s) Any modifications to CDMA Blackberry subscribers will be impacted by the backlog. 

I apologize you are experiencing the trouble with App World.  I would say you probably should just give it a little time for us to fix the outages since they're still open.  There may not be anything wrong with your device...

thanks again

-John

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response - I'll try again in a day or 2 and will contact you again if the problem persists.

Highlighted
Master

I wont be back until Friday, but if you reply on this thread, I'm sure another Sprint agent will be happy to help!

Thanks again

-John

Highlighted
Master

I just got this email:

Service Impact: Subscribers may experience delays in logging into BlackBerry App World, downloading applications, or purchasing applications. [00054]

Ticket Number: INC23752778

Action(s) Taken: BlackBerry support teams have been engaged and are working toward resolution as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

We pegged this one! - So I'm sure you'll be back in once they get it fixed.

Thanks

-John

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.