cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint Direct Connect going away?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Is Sprint Direct Connect going away?

We still use Sprint Direct connect devices (Sonim XP Strike) at work. Some Sprint users would like to load the Direct Connect app on their phones but the app is not compatible with newer phones.

Is Sprint just letting Direct Connect die a slow death? The Kyocera Torque is no longer available as an option in Sprint's list of phones, so unless you have an older smartphone there are is no smartphone support for Direct Connect.

Below is the list of compatible phones copied from the Direct Connect Now app page in Google Play. All old stuff. Again, begs the question, is Sprint just letting Direct Connect fade away?

• HTC One – M7
• HTC EVO 4G LTE
• HTC One - M8
• HTC One - M8 Harman Kardon
• HTC One - M9
• HTC One Max
• HTC Desire 510
• HTC One - E8
• Kyocera Hydro Edge
• Kyocera Hydro VIBE
• Kyocera DuraForce PRO
• LG G2
• LG G3
• LG G3 Vigor
• LG G4
• LG Optimus F3
• LG G Flex
• LG G Flex 2
• LG Mach
• LG Nexus 5
• LG Optimus G
• Motorola Nexus 6
• Moto X
• Samsung Galaxy S®3
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 with Sprint Spark
• Samsung Galaxy S® 5
• Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport
• Samsung Galaxy S6
• Samsung GS6 Edge
• Samsung GS6 Edge+
• Samsung Galaxy Note® 2
• Samsung Galaxy Note® 3
• Samsung Galaxy Note® 4
• Samsung Galaxy Note® 5
• Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 Mini
• Samsung Galaxy Mega
• Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
• Samsung Victory 4G LTE
• Sharp Aquos
• Sprint Vital
• Sprint Force

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Is Sprint Direct Connect going away?

Hey @stan1415,   I'm so sorry for the delay here.  I'm one of the Community managers here..  I don't have any specific information about that and even with a bit of hunting around, did not find anything to indicate that we might be decomissioning it.  It's definitely still supported on the newer Kyocera devices, so you might check those out.

If I hear anything official in the next little bit, I'll certainly come back to share, but typically that sort of thing is announced on the Newsroom about the same time we are told. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Wizard

Just to add something to this thread, i did hear somewhere else on the net about Sprint going to a different "flavor" of Direct Connect, known as the "kodiak" system.  Unfortunately i cannot remember much about what i read, i believe it was on the Phonescoop website where i saw it, I might try to find the article and see if i can post a link here, might not work but i`ll give it a go and see what comes up.  TK241  P.S.  I also have, and use, Direct Connect (just upgraded from my Torque XT, discontinued & dying) to a Duraforce pro, which i really like) i use it mostly in the Amateur radio community along with the Zello app, so you can see why i`m also intrested in what i`m reading here too Smiley Happy.

Wizard

Update Smiley Happy. Yesterday i got a system update to my DuraForce PRO that added the "Direct Connect Puls" app, so it does appear that Sprint is going to launch the newer version of Direct Connect (the Kodiak system). What i`m wondering now is, whill all us users that already have active Sprint Direct Connect subscriptions be migrated to the new one or will we have to start all over? Withholding judgment on the new system untill i can actually try it out Smiley Happy. TK241
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.