Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is TeleNav still free?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is TeleNav still free?

I have a Samsung Epic, and a Simply Everything plan.

Recently, I upgraded the TeleNav app on my device. Now, when I open the app, I'm asked to sign up for Premium service, at a rate of $9.99 per month, or $2.99 for 24 hours. If I cancel, the app closes.

I've uninstalled the updates, to continue free use.

So, is this service no longer free? Or does my plan allow me to select the "premium" option without additional charges?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: Is TeleNav still free?

When I powered up my android phone in TelNav, it offered to have me upgrade to premium or use the free version. Check your app on your phone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

L0L

Ask Sprint

Journeyman

I know Sprint reps monitor the community posts, so I was hoping one of them would chime in. Guess not...

Master

When I powered up my android phone in TelNav, it offered to have me upgrade to premium or use the free version. Check your app on your phone.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

When you install Telenav it will ask you if you want to continue using the free version or the upgrade to the Paid version. I have the Samsung Epic 4G Touch and I have Telenav, Maps, Waze and Navigation all installed and working for free.

Journeyman

I have the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and still have that same issue. Where can I download the free version from , or what version is the free one?

Thanks!

Updated:

See "http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/352563#352563" for the tip that got me back on track.

When you start it up, click on the url link to terms and conditions for use. Then click the accept button.

That brings you to the screen with the choice to upgrade or continue using the free version.

Works like it used to now. 

Master

Glad to hear it is working for you again.

Have a great weekend,

mapesy

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.