cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Update for Sprint Mobile Controls/Drive Fast

Journeyman

Manual Update for Sprint Mobile Controls/Drive Fast

I am not a subscriber to Sprint's Mobile Controls, yet every day for the past two weeks, I repeatedly am notified that there is a manual update for the Mobile Control program, specifically the DRIVE FAST update.

As I stated, I have NEVER subscribed to the Mobile Control program as I am the only Sprint account holder in my household (and my household consists of me and my wife).

I would like to know why I am being hounded by Sprint to update a program I do not have and if it is at all possible to no longer receive this unnecessary notification.

I do not appreciate being harrased in such a manner and perhaps if enough people would notify Sprint that they do not appreciate it as well, then perhaps Sprint will acknowledge their error. If not, then perhaps a class-action suit is in order.

What say you?

4 REPLIES

Re: Manual Update for Sprint Mobile Controls/Drive Fast

kdr22, What type of device are you using?

Journeyman

Samsung Replenish

kdr22, On your device from your home screen, press the menu key then select settings, Once in settings locate and select "applications" from there select "manage applications" and select all. do you see either the Sprint Mobile controls, driive First application, or an application calls Smart device manager in there? You more then likely located the Smart Device Manager, this application is stock on your device and unable to be removed, and this is what is prompting for the update inside the android market. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, this update comes up under the smart device manager. I already knew that. So no, that info does not help.

I noticed when looking at the drive first app that in the comments section a number of people were complaining about the annoying update notification issue --- and had been for more than a month, now.

Seems to me that with so many upset with this annoying notification that someone at Sprint would notice and take measures to address the issue.